Drawing Chelsea in the Champions League?

One shred of comfort is that they can still sell pies and burgers. It'll have to be quite a few mind!

Yes, but a British state-owned club would be different. We all know that the UK is a perfect state, with absolutely no human rights issues, and that our government has only pure motives in all it does. We are the light of the world, all the way back to King Arthur.

So if they were to sell the club for the reported 3bn, and that money couldn't go to Abramovic - where exactly would such a large amount end up?
Abramovich intended it to go 50/50 Ukraine/Russia war relief.

I'm wondering if this Chelsea situation will be beneficial to them or other teams in the PL. Todays news looks bad for them but only as long as RA stays as the owner. Potential buyers already looked as though they would buy cheaper due to the hurried sale. Now it appears the price will be non profit for RA. He had already pointed out the 1.5billion debt be written off & any profits from the sale go to war relief. Now it appears there will be no profit from a sale enabling the sale to go through at a lower cost. Won't this give the new owner a larger war chest for transfers, stadia improvements etc? I hope the UK government allow for sale proceeds to go to the war relief effort as RA had promised. Those poor people need all the help they can get. On a football front it'll be weird having no Chelsea fans at away games.

In my humble opinion, this will be resolved in the next few weeks. Whereas, they will be able to sell matchday tickets, merchandise, refreshments in the ground etc etc and just hold the money in ESCROW account ready to flow into the new owners when that happens.
As soon as categoric proof is obtained that Abramovich is not going to gain any monies from the sale and the powers that be will control the flow of monies and where they go dont forget, then the sanctions will be lifted as Chelsea FC is an ongoing business and lucrative enough to have some very wealthy buyers lined up to purchase it, albeit the 3BN pounds that i have seen quoted seems rather high........ but what do i know!
I dont think they are allowed to sell anything as things stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.