Drink A Drink A Drink For Colin The King This Dec 26th

Harvster said:
ColinLee said:
I was in the North Stand that day and I always remember that not a single Newcastle player tried to tackle him. Was it not in the snow with the orange ball? Or is my aging memory going?

My memory is playing games with me too, but the three things I think I remember as a kid were Colin Bell not moving right, their players definitely avoiding any contact with him, and the number of older blokes in the Main Stand either in tears, or very near to it, when he came on at the start of the second half. Think this result also sparked us off on a run of consecutive victories.

I don't think it was snowing and I don't remember him replacing Power during the game, he just came out at the start of the second half from what I remember. Great OP and I agree that a loud rendition of the song would be welcome tomorrow.

The wave of noise as different areas of the ground spotted him coming out. Fair play to the geordies too as most of them gave him a standing ovation too

mrt4919 said:
Ask any Blue of a certain age who was the greatest player they ever saw...

Colin Bell

Forget the England and European stars,forget Brazil and the 74 team its Colin,

more than a player to our Club and fans, an inspirational figurehead.

A career cut short by a crude Buchan challange, never to grow into the regognised world class player that we knew he was.

Ignored by the southern based football media and has never recieved the regognition he deserved except by us.

We will not forget and he will always be the King.

Was in the Kippax crying when he came on and shedding a tear now. Just agree fully with the above.

The programme and ticket from his testimonial is the only one of thousands purchased over the years that I have kept.

Remember it so well,i was stood in the Kippax roughly in line with the tunnel and when i saw him coming out and to hear the reaction from the whole ground,it was one of only 3 times when i've cried at a City game( the other 2 being against Luton and QPR ).Named my first born after him,genius.

I was 14 on the kippax with my dad,matches any atmosphere ever that day,it was incredible,BUT if you check the records he actually played in some games at the end of the season, in which he got injured, then missed the whole of the following season.
Leading upto his comeback.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.