drinking alcohol

kunaguero10

when you watch man v booze, this highlights the growing problem among britain's youths.

drinking alcohol in this manner (binge drinking) is so very wrong and should be made a criminal offence. yes, i like the odd drink myself, but mainly to quench my thirst and to experience a nice taste, not to act 'cool' and boisterous. anyone drinking in excess should be ashamed of themselves and are a disgrace to society, for all the negative impacts they have on the rest of britain and the world.

regular binge drinkers are the scum of the earth.

discuss (people asked for an entertaining thread so please bare that in mind when considering your response)

I am a tee totaller but watching all the guys n gals outside the pubs in this fine weather enjoying themselves I'm really tempted to try some of the hard stuff. What effect does it have on you and will I regret starting drinking?

mansour's tow ropes said:
when you watch man v booze, this highlights the growing problem among britain's youths.

drinking alcohol in this manner (binge drinking) is so very wrong and should be made a criminal offence. yes, i like the odd drink myself, but mainly to quench my thirst and to experience a nice taste, not to act 'cool' and boisterous. anyone drinking in excess should be ashamed of themselves and are a disgrace to society, for all the negative impacts they have on the rest of britain and the world.

discuss (people asked for an entertaining thread so please bare that in mind when considering your response)
Would that be directed at our more female-ly BM'ers?

;-)

And yes; binge drinking is a serious problem. People that, in all honesty, simply cannot handle even a reasonable amount of booze seem to want to go out and get absolutely hammered (sometimes in all meanings of the term). I'm puzzled as to know why. As you said, a social drink or two isn't usually a serious problem. I was over for the QPR game (yeeeessssss!!) and i had a couple of pints in the Townley before the game, and another two in town that night and I was fine. Possibly because I know my limit, and I stick to it. These people should take a long hard look at themselves, and consider the consequences of what they're doing, both in the short term and also re. storing up potential future health problems.

I went to a House Party last night and pretty much everyone there got pissed. No trouble. Just bad dancing and people repeating themselves continually when they tried to express an opinion on something. I'm unsure when I'll get drunk again (probably a good month or so) but no worries for the occasion.

victormeldrew2.jpg

jollycity said:
I think all Bluemooners should stop drinking immediately. I will allow you to dump your unopened booze at my house to remove temptation.

No. You'll just drink it.

jimharri said:

Would that be directed at our more female-ly BM'ers?

;-)

And yes; binge drinking is a serious problem. People that, in all honesty, simply cannot handle even a reasonable amount of booze seem to want to go out and get absolutely hammered (sometimes in all meanings of the term). I'm puzzled as to know why. As you said, a social drink or two isn't usually a serious problem. I was over for the QPR game (yeeeessssss!!) and i had a couple of pints in the Townley before the game, and another two in town that night and I was fine. Possibly because I know my limit, and I stick to it. These people should take a long hard look at themselves, and consider the consequences of what they're doing, both in the short term and also re. storing up potential future health problems.

four pints and i bet it was fosters your a bloody party animal, lock up your daughters

peoffrey said:
I went to a House Party last night and pretty much everyone there got pissed. No trouble. Just bad dancing and people repeating themselves continually when they tried to express an opinion on something. I'm unsure when I'll get drunk again (probably a good month or so) but no worries for the occasion.

but usually people end up chundering everywhere, wasting the whole next day with a hangover, getting behind at school or uni, get a shit job, and the cycle repeats itself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.