Dublin

Rob check your PM sent you a mail.

Dublin as a whole is getting a little bit cheaper. Hotels are doing deals time and time again. My advice check out the hotels yourself and the longer you stay they will give you discounts on your stay. Stay on the Northside of the City rather than the Southside once on the Southside you pay over the odds and when it comes to hotels there isnt a lot of a difference in them in my opinion.
Going out Temple Bar as they say is full of stags and hens from the UK very hit and miss. I cant stand it myself. Smithfield might be worth a look at and it can be not as expensive as people make out.

IF your eating out have a look at menupages.ie they will give you lists of places to go to eat in and the around the city and a full menus and price lists which is handy if your a Veggie or travelling with 1. As the post above says about the pints check well worth a look too. You will a good time no matter what.

Check staycity Dublin, stayed in the st Augustine street apartments a few times, the earlier you book the cheaper and they're really nice apartments!

Christchurch apartments. We stayed there. Really nice and 2 mins from temple bar etc, book early enough and we got flights and room for £68 I think it was.

Agreed. Taste the Guinness and take plenty of €€€€

LongsightM13 said:
Does it have to be Dublin or do you just fancy a trip to Ireland? If the latter, Cork, Galway, Westport, Kerry are better cities imo.

cities? only cork passes mate.... galway is a town ...its called a city by rednecks. westport is a village built on a roundabout ..... but like kerry are not city dwellings but i ll give longsight this..... he s absolutely right about dublin and ireland.

dublin as a city is okay. rip off prices...... better value for the euro elsewhere!

des hardi said:
LongsightM13 said:
Does it have to be Dublin or do you just fancy a trip to Ireland? If the latter, Cork, Galway, Westport, Kerry are better cities imo.

cities? only cork passes mate.... galway is a town ...its called a city by rednecks. westport is a village built on a roundabout ..... but like kerry are not city dwellings but i ll give longsight this..... he s absolutely right about dublin and ireland.

dublin as a city is okay. rip off prices...... better value for the euro elsewhere!

Galway is a City, which I'm sure you know.
For a weekend break it is just the right size, great pubs and easy to find your way about.
Also home of Roisin Dub, one of the most famous clubs on the UK/Ireland music circuit.
Westport is unique as it was designed by an Englishman (James Wyatt ) and is unlike most
Irish Towns.
It is very pretty and has some great Pubs, including Matt Malloys (Chieftains) and has
great music, not the shit you get in Temple Bar.
Both Galway and Westport have stunning scenery in their backyard.

My tip is to stay south of the river. If you're north of the river you may as well be in Krakow which let's face it would be much cheaper.

thanks for all the tips people,

I've decided against Ireland due to expense, so i'm now looking at a cheap english getaway

thanks a lot for all suggestions though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.