Duggan Verdict

The Flash said:
Bigga said:
The Flash said:
It isn't open to interpretation is it though?

It would be if it were just one person on the jury, but there were 10. And the majority, if you care to read the transcripts, felt the officer was correct to think that his life was under threat. Therefore the only verdict is lawful killing.

See?

It's called the justice system.

Well, I won't highlight what Lord Griffiths said for you, cos you clearly like to skip important information to form proper opinion...

It doesn't matter what Lord Griffith said.

What matters is the jury's verdict based on the evidence presented to them.

And that's it. Everything else is moot.

In the unlikely event of Greater Manchester Police ever getting their hands on the Aquinas tapes, I have pre-booked the Duggan jury.
Offer some folk a weekend in Rhyl and they are putty in your hands.

KpxSte said:
Blue Til Death said:
The sad fact is that the colour of the lads skin is clouding the issue somewhat for some, I don't doubt for one second that Duggan was a bad lad and that he had a firearm, however the Police had time to plan stopping him and could have done it without shooting him, the fact that a police officer had to make a split second decision to shoot him is not in question for me but what is questionable is their piss poor planning and poor execution of the plan to apprehend him without bloodshed.

How exactly? The intelligence suggested he was always armed - for his own protection because he was a gangster - so whenever they tried to arrest him, it would have involved armed police pointing guns at him and ordering him to freeze and put his hands in the air. The refusal to follow this request caused his death. What makes you think that he would behave differently at any other time?

In the first instance pointing a gun at someone does not harm them in any way, secondly, Duggan did not walk around with his firearm on display and ready to fire, with decent planning they could have taken him down quite easily without shooting him. Im not against the police shooting armed criminals who pose a serious threat to their lives or the lives of others, all I am saying is that this could have been avoided with the Intelligence they had and with better planning.

Blue Til Death said:
KpxSte said:
Blue Til Death said:
The sad fact is that the colour of the lads skin is clouding the issue somewhat for some, I don't doubt for one second that Duggan was a bad lad and that he had a firearm, however the Police had time to plan stopping him and could have done it without shooting him, the fact that a police officer had to make a split second decision to shoot him is not in question for me but what is questionable is their piss poor planning and poor execution of the plan to apprehend him without bloodshed.

How exactly? The intelligence suggested he was always armed - for his own protection because he was a gangster - so whenever they tried to arrest him, it would have involved armed police pointing guns at him and ordering him to freeze and put his hands in the air. The refusal to follow this request caused his death. What makes you think that he would behave differently at any other time?

In the first instance pointing a gun at someone does not harm them in any way, secondly, Duggan did not walk around with his firearm on display and ready to fire, with decent planning they could have taken him down quite easily without shooting him. Im not against the police shooting armed criminals who pose a serious threat to their lives or the lives of others, all I am saying is that this could have been avoided with the Intelligence they had and with better planning.

What? The police pointing their guns at him is meant to demonstrate that he has no option but to surrender. Doing it whilst he's confined to a vehicle means he has no possible escape. Any action taken by the suspect in this instance can only be viewed as threatening. There is no better or safer way. The killing was justified and lawful.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
The Flash said:
Bigga said:
Well, I won't highlight what Lord Griffiths said for you, cos you clearly like to skip important information to form proper opinion...

It doesn't matter what Lord Griffith said.

What matters is the jury's verdict based on the evidence presented to them.

And that's it. Everything else is moot.

In the unlikely event of Greater Manchester Police ever getting their hands on the Aquinas tapes, I have pre-booked the Duggan jury.
Offer some folk a weekend in Rhyl and they are putty in your hands.

Good thinking. Glad I hosed down the interior of the chalet now, after last time. Can't have our 'guests' getting freaky.

Anyway, I need to go and stake out the car park end of the college, so if you need me, I'll be in my usual hiding spot on the crem.

I'll meet you at the Bamford at 5pm with fresh pics.

KpxSte said:
Blue Til Death said:
KpxSte said:

What? The police pointing their guns at him is meant to demonstrate that he has no option but to surrender. Doing it whilst he's confined to a vehicle means he has no possible escape. Any action taken by the suspect in this instance can only be viewed as threatening. There is no better or safer way. The killing was justified and lawful.

indeed it was, and if you read my post properly you will see that I have no argument with that, in my opinion it didn't have to be that way, that's all I am saying, you obviously disagree and that's fine I respect your opinion, I may be wrong, I accept that, its just an opinion that's all. This place is full of em..!!

Blue Til Death said:
KpxSte said:
Blue Til Death said:

indeed it was, and if you read my post properly you will see that I have no argument with that, in my opinion it didn't have to be that way, that's all I am saying, you obviously disagree and that's fine I respect your opinion, I may be wrong, I accept that, its just an opinion that's all. This place is full of em..!!

I fully respect you opinion. You said you believed the police could have planned the operation better but didn't specify how and I was just pointing out that in my opinion it was planned perfectly, with only two possible outcomes decided entirely on the suspects actions; arrest in possession or the shooting of the suspect with minimal risk to the police or bystanders.

SWP's back said:
I'm simply pointing out that folk tend to agree with verdicts that support their own opinions and doubt those which don't concur.
We all do it, so we are all hypocrites to a degree.
Which was the very point I was making.
So chillax and have a biscuit.
I'm in the bath mate. Very relaxed. It's my weekend and I was covered in sand but couldn't be arsed having a shower.

Duggan's family look a run sort.

Ps I knew bigga would be on this thread like a fly on shit.

Oh, Duggan was a wrong 'un mate and no mistake, and I doubt his family are future role models for aspiring parents, but you know me - I'm a lefty do-gooder who would have preferred him to be arrested and incarcerated rather than turned into a human colander.
As to your ps, let's just say I somehow doubt he'd be up on his hind legs if Duggan had been paler.

If you pair of arseholes want to accuse me of siding with non whites then state your case instead of hinting like fucking no marks.

Stupidly you choose what you want to pick out from my posts. Earlier I said if the murderers of Lee Rigby had been shot dead, it would have been justified. Where was your indignation then??

All I'm saying is the current 'self defence'/ 'fear for own safety' position is far too ambiguous for my liking.

idiots.

Bigga said:
SWP's back said:
I'm in the bath mate. Very relaxed. It's my weekend and I was covered in sand but couldn't be arsed having a shower.

Duggan's family look a run sort.

Ps I knew bigga would be on this thread like a fly on shit.

Oh, Duggan was a wrong 'un mate and no mistake, and I doubt his family are future role models for aspiring parents, but you know me - I'm a lefty do-gooder who would have preferred him to be arrested and incarcerated rather than turned into a human colander.
As to your ps, let's just say I somehow doubt he'd be up on his hind legs if Duggan had been paler.

If you pair of arseholes want to accuse me of siding with non whites then state your case instead of hinting like fucking no marks.

We don't need to state our case - you make it perfectly for us.
And don't swear - it's 'fooking', not 'fucking', remember?
Now toddle off and find another dead gangster to feel offended-by-proxy about.

Bigga said:

The trouble is now you're plainly made to look pathetic, skirting over my point of the Lee Rigby incident. Nothing to say on that, clearly.

Carry on, you unintelligent cock.

Bigga said:
Bigga said:

The trouble is now you're plainly made to look pathetic, skirting over my point of the Lee Rigby incident. Nothing to say on that, clearly.

Carry on, you unintelligent cock.

Let the anger flow through you, Bigga - I'm sure calling the nasty white man names will redress the clear-as-day chip on your shoulder you carry everywhere.
You are boring me now though, so I'll let you rant away at a world that doesn't care about a little sad man who sees racism behind every corner, and is now widely viewed as a predictable laughing stock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.