Dunne... how many more strikes?

Pollerz said:
DaveH said:
Where was our left back when Rangers were allowed to cross the ball in with ease also why was Dunnie left marking 2 strikers at the same time.

Yeh Lets all jump on his case

Why would he stick the ball out for a corner when he had all the time in the world to boot the ball upfield... btw we conceded from the corner he gave away.. also bridge had 2 players all over him all night he coped fairly well its richard dunnes job to help him and also petrovs but our wingers dont like to track back that is why bridge will be alot better when barry is playing because he will help protect him abit more... as for dunne ben haim tonight was the better defender.

He didn't have all the time in the world to clear - he just took responsibility when the ball was in the box.

For goals conceded from corners the primary reason is the lack of defensive organisation at the corner - to say the main person to blame is the one who gave it away is just not true.

If Dunne was captain tonight then he should have been organising in the first place.

Pollerz said:
RealMancsAreBlue said:
Dunne Richards and Bridge are all below the level we need to finish 5th this season, simple

I agree about richards and dunne, not bridge he just needs some protection from bazza.

Dunne is a far better defender than Bridge

How many goals has Bridge been at least partly responsible for since January

What has Bridge shown defensively in his time at City to indicate that he is good enough

For me Bridge needs to show a major improvement next season or he will need replacing

C_T_I_D said:
If Dunne was captain tonight then he should have been organising in the first place.

I agree with that to a point and of course as captain then yes he should, but as professional players shouldn't they share some responsibility. If dunne commands the area and i've no reason to believe he doesn't it is up to the players to stick to their tasks. If in the frenetic situation of a corner, while Dunnes clearly busy marshalling the defence and protecting the goal and to a degree Given and you're stood on the edge of the area marking space, wouldn't you be looking for the threat on the edge of the six yard box and have the sense to think ' i should probably mark that man there in acres of space because dunne looks a bit preoccupied at the minute and might not realise he's there!!' or is that just me. Not watch him score and then say 'you didn't tell me to mark him so i didn't'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.