Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am. but I think people think this guy costs peanuts. Torres we paid 25m, this guy is coing to cost nearly 80m.
Well if you think about the fee we got from Torres, it only takes like 20m more to get him.

His wages are also probably less than half of Haalands, I can see the club going for him from a financial point.

He's a great finisher, and can develop similarly to Kane.

The concern for me is whether that space is there to exploit for us. Whenever we sign an attacker they really have to come to grips with playing against a constant low block. We compress the space in attack so much and everyone is so terrified that little clever movements can just be met by the next defender. And we ask our striker to be consistently outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 in central positions while we try to create overloads out wide. In my view a great striker for our system instinctively attacks cut backs and crosses and can generate power quickly as the shooting spaces are fleeting

There in lies the problem for me, I don't think his all-around game is good enough to operate in the tight spaces our forwards are left in. Serie A is at such a weak point in it's history as well.

I think the argument could equally be made for Haaland but he's at least got a ridiculous Champions League scoring record to say he can do it on the big stage.

I haven’t watched enough of him to draw conclusions, but I’m not sure he’s a perfect fit. What we need is someone that is a lethal finisher from in and around the edge of the box, but also with the pace and strength to bulldoze their way through a compact defensive line.

Haaland would obviously be ideal, though he would carry the baggage of a difficult agent and demand extremely high wages. I have no doubts that he’d be successful for us though. Conversely, it’s very difficult to judge players in the Italian league. The games are much slower and suit a different profile of player. It would carry a much higher risk.

There in lies the problem for me, I don't think his all-around game is good enough to operate in the tight spaces our forwards are left in. Serie A is at such a weak point in it's history as well.

I think the argument could equally be made for Haaland but he's at least got a ridiculous Champions League scoring record to say he can do it on the big stage.
his allround game is better than Haaland currently. he is much better in finding space than Haaland right now. haaland has much more x-factor that he can develop into something amazing. it all comes down to how long we are willing to go without a striker and hedge bets on riola

Watched him a couple of times including last night....I'm in the sat on the fence group.

There's a very good footballer in there but would he have the chance to develop with us? Also 70m although not directly my money but it all adds to ticket prices, seems too high at the moment. I'd put him at 40m max, maybe with add-ons.

Assuming we're going to actually get a CF either January or in the summer I'd, although much more expensive go all out for little Alfie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.