Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This signing would be so much simpler than Haaland. Cheaper too.

We need a striker for the CL knockouts and the rest of the league season, if we are serious about winning them.

From watching a few of his games and most of his YT reels I’ve no doubt he’s good enough and would be lethal in our side.
I agree to a point. But Haaland though :)

This signing would be so much simpler than Haaland. Cheaper too.

We need a striker for the CL knockouts and the rest of the league season, if we are serious about winning them.

From watching a few of his games and most of his YT reels I’ve no doubt he’s good enough and would be lethal in our side.

Agree he would be a great signing, an I'd be delighted if he came in in January.

Not sure he'd be any simpler to sign than Haaland. Purely because Haaland has a release clause while Fiorentina would haggle. And we know the Italians love a good haggle. If cheaper, probably on wages only, as his higher transfer fee and lower agent fees could still add up to more than Haaland's release clause plus higher agent fees. Fiorentina refused some big offers in the summer, don't see them dropping their expectation much.

As I say though, well chuffed if we get him in.

Agree he would be a great signing, an I'd be delighted if he came in in January.

Not sure he'd be any simpler to sign than Haaland. Purely because Haaland has a release clause while Fiorentina would haggle. And we know the Italians love a good haggle. If cheaper, probably on wages only, as his higher transfer fee and lower agent fees could still add up to more than Haaland's release clause plus higher agent fees. Fiorentina refused some big offers in the summer, don't see them dropping their expectation much.

As I say though, well chuffed if we get him in.

Some fair shouts there mate.

Also maybe Pep is looking at changing the strategy up front. For example rather than a false 9 he will deploy a false false 9 who's a 9 but not a 9. Like a 9 and a half I guess.

Seriously up front imo has a bit of improving to do and I wonder what out of the box thinking Pep is doing right now.

Also maybe Pep is looking at changing the strategy up front. For example rather than a false 9 he will deploy a false false 9 who's a 9 but not a 9. Like a 9 and a half I guess.

Seriously up front imo has a bit of improving to do and I wonder what out of the box thinking Pep is doing right now.

I sometimes wonder if this false nine is just the way the press try to describe our forward positions, in reality we keep one player as wide as possible on each side; and the others are mixing it up without blocking the LB & RB over/underlap channels - it’s more of a swarm than positions with rapid changes of who is where.

It takes players time to work out the quick pace of positional rotation up front which is why it’s hard to settle and be productive - and why we need serious football brains and not individual stars in the team.

It’s also why traditional defensive set ups struggle against city and why almost every team drops to 5 or 6 in the back line of defence - it’s just impossible to man mark.

If we do get a true out and out striker, they need to be more than just a goal poacher (Sergio struggled with this to start) so that actually cuts down the number of players that would work in the current system - unless we change to accommodate- don’t think pep will do that.

Outside of Haaland or Kane I struggle to see the right fit which is why we might end up with swapping out a midfielder for another attacking midfielder.

Didn’t pep once say he would prefer to play with 11 midfielders ? Well with Eddie and our current back line that’s what we do currently basically - not done too bad for us has it.

I don’t know enough about Vlahović to say if he would be a good fit or not, but if pep wanted him I do too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.