Dusseldorf FREE tickets for fan, a dream?

Oystercatcher28

Team supported
CITY/Aberystwyth Town

3 games at the minute and they're aiming for more...

Perhaps more clubs will look at sponsoring crowds to alleviate costs on fans etc

3 games at the minute and they're aiming for more...

Perhaps more clubs will look at sponsoring crowds to alleviate costs on fans etc

Went to a game there last year. Large stadium but probably less than 10k there. Very odd as Düsseldorf is a large city.

Last edited:
Can't see any harm in fans being sponsored, if only to highlight the spiraling cost of the game. The same ticket in each stadium, year on year from 2003 to now, how do they compare? Would a government white paper support cap ticket price increases?

Went to a game there last year. Large stadium but probably less than 10k there. Very odd as Düsseldorf is a large city.
They're currently in Bundesliga 2, and the very definition of "yoyo club", they've been down to the Oberliga (equivalent of the our 4th tier, but it's very regionalised so not the same as league 2 here) in the not too distant past.

It doesn't surprise me they get relatively poor crowds.

Recent average attendance some years are pretty poor.

My main team, Hibs, did something like this recently. The club sponsor subsidised tickets for a home game in a non high profile game. Stadium was sold out, home and away ends, and the visitors don’t tend to usually bring a big support.

id love UK clubs to do a link in with transport for cheaper travel. Our rail fares are expensive as fook. A match ticket in the NRW entitles you to free rail travel to and from game, FREE!!. Germany does football well.

Fortuna are my german club and their average crowd this season is around 30k. When they were last in BL.1 they would get 40k+.

They are well supported and after years of mis-management, well run.

I actually went to Fortuna v Hamburg a few weeks ago - sold out 52,000. And it was probably one of the best atmospheres I've ever been in anywhere.

Given all the complaints about our rising ticket costs, you would have thought that this would be a popular idea with fans.

Large companies/brands will pay fortunes to be linked with successful clubs. City's sponsors could easily cover the cost of tickets for our home games.

Looking at Fortuna's idea:

50,000 fans at an average of 30 euros is 1.5m euros ticket revenue per game
17 home games a season equates to 25.5m euros a season in ticket revenue.

Well worth keeping an eye on this, I hope Fortuna go through with the idea as I am convinced it will be a success.

You can add in the extra food and drink an extra 27,000 fans would consume.

This is potentially a massive game changer.

Must have been around the mid 2000's when I was on the Football Supporters Association committee and Sky had their new deal with the PL accepted.
This is when clubs received a huge increase in TV money (I mean a substantial increase) and the FSA then argued that at that point every PL club could let fans in for free and they would still be many, many more millions up on what they had been receiving for gate money and TV money prior to the new deal.
Naturally not one club were interested!

Must have been around the mid 2000's when I was on the Football Supporters Association committee and Sky had their new deal with the PL accepted.
This is when clubs received a huge increase in TV money (I mean a substantial increase) and the FSA then argued that at that point every PL club could let fans in for free and they would still be many, many more millions up on what they had been receiving for gate money and TV money prior to the new deal.
Naturally not one club were interested!
Says it all really.

If a radical idea like this can be seen to work, then there is still hope

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.