Dusseldorf FREE tickets for fan, a dream?

Says it all really.

If a radical idea like this can be seen to work, then there is still hope
The snag is Who Gets In?
When you have literally 10’s of thousands who have been going on or off for years -and a fair number especially of our Fans never miss -how would you decide?

Must have been around the mid 2000's when I was on the Football Supporters Association committee and Sky had their new deal with the PL accepted.
This is when clubs received a huge increase in TV money (I mean a substantial increase) and the FSA then argued that at that point every PL club could let fans in for free and they would still be many, many more millions up on what they had been receiving for gate money and TV money prior to the new deal.
Naturally not one club were interested!
And even in the last few years again the jump in TV revenue for Premier League clubs has been gigantic.

Norwich earnt more TV money finishing 20th in the Prem last season than City did in any season before 2015-16.

Now clubs up the top can earn £150m a season from TV rights. A 50% rise on just the middle of last decade, yet they’re charging their fans more and more and more and more… when they could let them in for free!

Ticket money brings in just a small percentage of income. Yet how important are we? Pep was pleading with City fans to make noise for the Arsenal game and after the Fulham game has pleaded with us again to get behind the team because they are tired and they need the fans.

We could market ourselves, as a fanbase, as a commodity that could be sponsored. Going off Pep’s words, the players need us just as much if not more than they need their salaries. So the club should show us that.

The snag is Who Gets In?
When you have literally 10’s of thousands who have been going on or off for years -and a fair number especially of our Fans never miss -how would you decide?
Same way you decide now. Season ticket holders who want to go to every game can keep their season tickets, the rest go on ‘order’ based on priority windows for ticket points holders then scaled criteria.

We are paying with our loyalty instead of money. Don’t see why it needs to be different just because money isn’t being transferred. The idea of money is a fiction. It doesn’t really mean anything, especially in a world now where everything is becoming cashless (I don’t think I’ve withdrawn physical money from a cash machine since before Covid). It’s just a way to pay for something, but we have banked points over years so we can organise our entry to games with those.

Hold a certain amount for open sale based on having an M postcode if you’re someone on low to no points.

The amount of money a single premier league game makes we should actually be payed for attending matches

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.