Dynamo Kiev - Post Match Thread

If we had won the home leg 3-1 and gone away and put this performance in it would be hailed as a masterclass.

Not pretty to watch but got the job done - no complaints from me.

Very poor game to watch. Knew it was going to be dire

Kiev are Championship standard at best and we aren't playing well, then we go and lose both centrebacks

This season can't end soon enough for me. Pellegrini is getting some bad luck but he asks for this by not resting players. I can't believe that Iheanacho did not feature. Young hungry player in a big game against opponents who were really poor. A big chance to give him some game time and get some more confidence

I know we've got the League Cup in the bag but tonight was another bad night dominated by the injury news

Did I really fly from Cape Town to watch that? Still here Sunday and have tickets so better make amends. Even the balti pie lacked bite.

What a strange game that was. Played well in patches put some decent moves together. I'd like to think we played within ourselves conserving energy for Sunday.

I couldn't believe how unadventurous Kiev were, absolutely useless and I don't think we had set up to fully force the the issue either making for a very flat drab game. However I was pleased with the clean sheet nonetheless and there were no scares and it was very comfortable. Not one that will live long in the memory but I'm happy enough,we have reached uncharted territory of the competition with the quarters to look forward too as the barmy summer nights manifest.

Such a shame about Kompany, I fear that may be the last time we see him in a sky blue shirt. He worked his arse off getting back to fitness but his body just can't hack it. Not his fault and a devastating blow. Absolutely gutted.
I said after the 1st leg that they were rubbish and got hammered for it. I don't think anyone would argue that point tonight

Here in the U.S. Alexi Lalas was on the post-match studio team, coming up with "The little blue engine that could. Little old Manchester City are through." Sarcastic sod.

A thoroughly professional navigation into the quarter fucking finals imo.

Some serious firms lie in wait now.

Let's hope we swerve them and cop for Benfica or Wolfsburg.

First job done this week. City completely controlled the game. (Well, Kiev was poor, as I have expected.)

Good luck to Vinnie and Nico!! Hope to see them back soon.
Pellers is not to blame for the injuries. Was an unlucky movement from Vinnie. Nicos challenge was a bit uncontrolled.

Mangala and Demi are good enough for the rags. And did somebody recognize Demi's brilliant vertical passes?
He still has a very good opening ability and passing accuracy. Maybe we get some positives from a negative...

Sergio needs more support. Dinho should make some vertical runs into the box. He is quick and good enough for a finish. Same for the wingers.

Let's keep calm and see how Utd do, I think they will get out of Europe on Thursday.

Wolfsburg, Benfica and even Atletico are beatable.
For the big names we should just be proud to represent the PL - and look for the chance we don't have.

Now recover you boys in blue and get ready for derby day.
We have to beat the rags. Anyhow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.