Dyslexia

Chungo said:
SWP's back said:
scowy68 said:
My son has Dyslexia.
How does he get on with it mate?

Got a feeling a punchline is on its way..........

if not i'm in deep shit.
No, a genuine question :)<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:52 pm --<br /><br />
bluebird113 said:
scowy68 said:
SWP's back said:

He's on thanks mate,struggles at times,but you just have to help him as much as you can.He's a lovely little lad,very sensitive,with a nice nature.

can I ask how old he is and who diagnosed this

Imanaged to get to 16 before anyone thought to wonder why my writing looked like a spiders web. My school didn't believe dyslexia was real which didn't help (it was a Grammar).

bluebird113 said:
scowy68 said:
SWP's back said:

He's on thanks mate,struggles at times,but you just have to help him as much as you can.He's a lovely little lad,very sensitive,with a nice nature.

He's 11 years old,it was brought to our attention by the teachers in his last year of junior school.

scowy68 said:
bluebird113 said:
scowy68 said:

He's 11 years old,it was brought to our attention by the teachers in his last year of junior school.

The sad thing is that this should have been picked up much earlier but there is many types of dyslexia and these children should be tested and there are specific test to be carried out once medical issues are eliminated such as hearing and sight problems then the tests can identify the cause my sons tests were carried out by an educational psychologist who identified a visual recall deficit they were then able to do structured lessons to help him when he entered secondary school he had a reading age of 6 and within 6 months he was ok these children with specific learning difficulties i/e dyslexia have rights under the education act and there is a lot of help for them once dignosed. Pm me if you need any further advice because I know it can be a nightmare getting the right kind of help

bluebird113 said:
scowy68 said:
bluebird113 said:

The sad thing is that this should have been picked up much earlier but there is many types of dyslexia and these children should be tested and there are specific test to be carried out once medical issues are eliminated such as hearing and sight problems then the tests can identify the cause my sons tests were carried out by an educational psychologist who identified a visual recall deficit they were then able to do structured lessons to help him when he entered secondary school he had a reading age of 6 and within 6 months he was ok these children with specific learning difficulties i/e dyslexia have rights under the education act and there is a lot of help for them once dignosed. Pm me if you need any further advice because I know it can be a nightmare getting the right kind of help

Thank you very much.

I think I have

I once went to a toga party dressed as a goat.

Funny thing is, I checked before I posted, checked after and noticed I wrote

I once went to a toga party dress as a goat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.