Dzeko and kolarov celebrate city win

Spot-on. I suspect the ones that love to slag off the players unfairly are the ones who don't go to matches. I think Danilo is great at right back and has been excellent in a poor Brazil team at the World Cup.

Very true Bobby. Regarding Brazil, I had to laugh at the World Cup pundits blaming Danilo for too few attacks cominng down the left in the first game. Virtually everyone that Neymar is Brazil’s main playmaker and most attacks go through him on the left.

The times some fans had a go at Aleks and he had a go back at them and some of the crowd saw their arse with him and boo’d him... I don’t care if these fans are fellow Blues and we’re supposed to be “one family” or any other shite you hear from a set of fans. I was on the player’s side not the fans on those occasions. There was one game where everyone was moaning at Bravo so Aleks had a go at the fans for that and they started booing Kolarov. Again, I was on Aleks’ side.

I’ll tell you what, he turned up a damn site more than our fans have in terms of atmosphere over the years. Yet the fans had the cheek to have a go at a player for a poor pass and then had the cheek to boo a player when he had a go back.

You can go to away games these days and our atmosphere is flat, never mind the home games. Yet we don’t start booing ourselves for not bothering with an atmosphere so why do we have the cheek to boo a player for a flat performance?

I was going to reply with my own thoughts...but this encapsulates them perfectly.

Our fans should worry about our only job when the game is being played - supporting the team.

Save the whining for the tram home, the phone-ins and the forums (if you have to!).

EdDzeko on competing for places at #ManCity: "There was always four top quality strikers there. We didn’t play all the time. I wasn't always happy, but with so much quality in the team that’s the battle you always have to face..."

"We had Sergio, Tevez, at different times, Jovetic, Balotelli, Negredo, Adebayor, Bony - so many strikers were at the club. I always had good understanding with Sergio, we complemented each other well - the tall and small partnership suited us." [via @ASRomaEN]

EdDzeko on #ManCity fans: "Maybe they appreciate me even more now than when I was there. When you are there, people get used to you. Things can change, if you have a good or bad game. Mostly it depends on the results of the team..."

"When you leave - it can be the same as with a girl; only when they leave you realise what you had in the first place! They appreciate me more now than when I was there – City fans were always there for me. I was doing well in those four-and-a-half years."

"But I still hear the City fans occasionally singing my name, you know, and some write to me calling me a legend. It’s nice." [via @ASRomaEN]

I loved him when he was here

EdDzeko on #ManCity fans: "Maybe they appreciate me even more now than when I was there. When you are there, people get used to you. Things can change, if you have a good or bad game. Mostly it depends on the results of the team..."

"When you leave - it can be the same as with a girl; only when they leave you realise what you had in the first place! They appreciate me more now than when I was there – City fans were always there for me. I was doing well in those four-and-a-half years."

"But I still hear the City fans occasionally singing my name, you know, and some write to me calling me a legend. It’s nice." [via @ASRomaEN]

I loved him when he was here

Makes 2 of us Karen!

Fantastic and very underrated player IMO....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.