Dzeko for Gotze or Lewandowski?

Matt the Giant said:
Dax777 said:
Matt the Giant said:
I would add Gonzalo Higuain, Guiseppe Rossi and Iker Muniain (who is as much a centre forward as Chrisitiano is) to that list.
And I know he's hated around here, but Luis Suarez would be ideal for our kind of system me thinks: a true poacher, quick and very technically gifted.

Oh and I wouldn't put RVP on that list as I doubt he will ever again have a season like this one, especially in team not playing up to his advantages.

Come on now! Muniain? Dzeko has scored more goals this season than Muniain has scored his entirey adult career. Muniain is a nice prospect, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. He is not a striker perse, nor does he score that many goals.

The only strikers I'd take over Dzeko are RVP and Rooney. I.e strikers with individual talents outside their scoring ability.

Well I was thinking about Munian as a long-time investment. If Dzeko goes we still have three class strikers, plus a young forth one doing well abroad so wouldn't mind seeing a move for a players such as Iker.
Besides, looking at Barcelona earlier this evening: they almost play without a traditional target man/striker and seem to be doing rather well. They had a go at a tall and strong target man in Ibra, and that didn't work at all, and instead they opted for smaller, quicker and more technically gifted players. Maybe something we should consider as well?

If we were to replace Dzeko with a player as similar to him as possible (I don
t see why) Llorente, Gomez comes to mind. I actually would consider RVP a HUGE risk/gamble: for the first time in his career he's having a fantastically prolific season and that's because Arsenals entire strategy is designed to support and suit him. That would not happen here with us. He is old, meaning no resale value at all and he is injury prone.

I'd much much rather have Higuain, which is my personal nr.1 choice for a potential new striker this summer.

Because Mancini is known for letting young players into the starting eleven...<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
Would be a huge mistake to sell Dzeko.

He has been marginalised this season after starting it so well.

Lewandowski is certainly making sure to up his value. Hat-trick tonight as Dortmund beat Bayern to win the German cup. That's adding to his two goals last week, and 22 goals this season (30 goals in 46 games all competitions). He's won three league titles in a row now (one with Poznan and two with Dortmund). He's a great young striker, but Dortmund are gonna want some money for him...

Dortmund were deadly efficient. Seems to me, they have some great quality players. Hummels, Kagawa, Lewandowski, Götze . Some City material !

I wouldn't sell Dzeko if i were city, just see what he did today! He's a kind of player any squad can use to break open a defense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.