Berzerkovic said:
I would love to see this:

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Zabaleta
M. Johnson Barry
Tevez
Silva Dzeko Balotelli

Wishful thinking I reckon however.

depending on the score of the first leg, the return leg at home would be a good game to try out the Silva/Dzeko/Tevez/Balo thing.

Re: Dzeko Not Going To Greece

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEUFZVAFsmY[/youtube]

there is some shocking pyrotechnics in this video!

The full squad who made the journey over to Greece is at the bottom of this article from the MEN.

Dzeko, Balo and Michael Johnson included, though no de Jong, Milner and AJ through injury.

So much for the credibility of the English Press!

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has named a strong squad for the Europa League match against Aris Salonika in Greece on Tuesday.

Leading scorer Carlos Tevez is included even though he has rarely featured in the competition this season, as is Mario Balotelli following a knee problem.

Midfielder Michael Johnson has received a boost after his injury problems by joining the group. And Edin Dzeko was with the group that flew out to Greece despite reports he would miss the game.

However James Milner is ruled out of the first leg game after being injured in the 2-1 defeat by Manchester United and Nigel de Jong is absent because of an ankle problem.

Boss Roberto Mancini has told his players to stay positive in the wake of another painful derby defeat.

He said: “Now the title is very difficult, but it’s important we think positive. When you play a game like we did at Old Trafford, have control of the game, and have a chance to win but then lose, it is sometimes difficult.

“That is why it is important we do very well in the next game.

“I told the players to get their chins up because we played a fantastic game and the result was incredible."

Manchester City (from): Hart, Given, Taylor, Richards, Zabaleta, Boateng, K Toure, Kompany, Kolarov, Lescott, Wright-Phillips, Vieira, Y Toure, Silva, Barry, Tevez, Dzeko, Balotelli, Jo, M Johnson.

I think this would be a fantastic opportunity for Mancini to field a 4-4-1-1 or a 4-4-2 with Balo and Dzeko upfront, and Silva and Kolarov on the wings, with Yaya Toure and Barry playing the two CM positions and the defense the same as the game against Man U except Toure in for Lescott. Doubt Mancini is gonna field this, probably the same old 4-2-3-1..

I hope Dzeko does play as it is the ideal opportunity to bond with the team and score a few goals. We should not play a weakened team , we should go fairly strong and try to win the game opposed to maybe losing the game and having to work for it in the home leg . As long as Silva is in the team , we should win , he can carve a chance for anyone from nothing . But this not lost for 40 years in europe ? They probably haven't been in europe that much , but they aren't doing well in their league at home so we should win the game , but it will be their cup final so we can't underestimate them.

chrishull said:
cptaidan88 said:
I think this concern about their home record is being over-hyped. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I remember reading we had never lost at home in Europe until we played against the mighty Midtjylland.

Yeah remember that.

I think the stat was we'd never lost at home against a foreign team. I think Chelsea beat us in a European match one year.

Looking at that list though, they have been in Europe quite a bit over that time. Apart from gaps between 82-95 and 95-00, they seem to have played at least every other year.
Chelsea beat us in the second leg of the semi final of the cup winners 1-0
The same season that Aris drew 1-1 with Chelsea.

but surely De Jong and Milner are included in the squad, it has to be named for both legs before either is played, correct?

lionheart said:
StrangebutBlue said:
Didnt think he could play anyway. He is not registered to play this season.
Excuse me? Muppet alert!
Muppet alert? Yeah you.
I didn't think he was registerd either, Lionfart

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.