Dzeko: it was only ever City

BluePurgatory said:
yaya1 said:
tosser! can you not see the press are printing any old shite about us. he even confirmed that he never wrote to us asking for us to sign them. it is beyond a joke and people like you just give them a reason to continue
The above! The OP is is prob one of those who post links to the Sun. Its unfortunate that some blues are not happy unless they are reading or posting negative shit. I wonder how long it will be before we have some blue on here starting an anti Dzeko thread!

we need to get rid of fans with negative attitude during the transfer window...

lionheart said:
We all know that AC Milan was his first choice and Juventus his second choice, so why does he have to say this nonsense, making us look rather stupid;

"Manchester City were my first choice and only choice," he said.

Please no more silly words, Edin. Hoefully, it was down to mistranslation as he should really have said that City were his first choice in England. Anyway, let us hope you do your talking on the pitch and leave the marketing to those who know better. Otherwise, you are most welcome and good luck.

Why perpetuate this 'myth' that Dzeko didn't want to come? I would like to have your sources for the claims that we were 3rd choice...the player has said 'in his own words' that from last summer city were his one and only choice...

I think this is a lot of tosh, iany young ambitious quality player wants to play in England or Spain and I believe that dzeko did want to come to us as one of the more preferable clubs ie rags, chelsea, arsenal, barca or real weren't in for him.

Sadly juventus are now a joke, they were an embarassment in europe. I suspect every story about dzeko wanting to join them came from them. I suspect the fact we were after krasic wasn't true and came from them and I suspect ade to juve came from them. They are a joke and all they can do to pretend they still matter is to try and pretend players too good for them wanted to go there!

AC are a more serious threat but even they are I suspect not rich enough to compete when it matters.

But why city fans choose to believe the mirror or italian tabloids or rags over what our own players say is beyonf me.

lionheart said:
We all know that AC Milan was his first choice and Juventus his second choice, so why does he have to say this nonsense, making us look rather stupid;

"Manchester City were my first choice and only choice," he said.

Please no more silly words, Edin. Hoefully, it was down to mistranslation as he should really have said that City were his first choice in England. Anyway, let us hope you do your talking on the pitch and leave the marketing to those who know better. Otherwise, you are most welcome and good luck.

So if he says he wanted Ac Milan he's a tosser and if he says he wanted city he a tosser ffs.
Welcome to Manchester Edin this is the kind of shit you are going to have to put up with unfortunately.

Were AC or Juve in with bids? Or were they being asked to pay more than they were willing and/or could afford.....BY WOLFSBURG. (Hardly Citys fault).

Apparently not. So City was his only actual choice and he welcomed the opportunity and took it. Thats the truth. What's to criticise ffs?!

But as a boy in Bosnia he supported AC Milan and therefore followed the Italian League. Had a poster of Schev on his wall. We should all be horrified (apparently) that he chose to do this instead of putting up a poster of the Whitley brothers. As a result his dream may have been to join AC or someone close to them rather than us. Shock fucking horror.

Does this belittle us in some way? Does it fucking hellers like.

What a shit thread.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Why perpetuate this 'myth' that Dzeko didn't want to come? I would like to have your sources for the claims that we were 3rd choice...the player has said 'in his own words' that from last summer city were his one and only choice...

^ The voice of reason!

I'm always shocked when people believe the tabloids.
Show me a quote - direct from Dzeko - where he says he wants to join Juve/AC/whoever.

I've heard him directly with my own ears, saying that Manchester was his number 1 club, so I'll believe the words which he actually said, rather than some tabloid gubbins.

Ducky_ said:
I want to believe him but I can't.

If he scores goals and tries hard I don't really care.

What do you want to believe? That Tev, Balo, Ade, RSC and Jo were also all City fans as lads and only wanted to come to City no matter who else might have knocked on the door and no matter what money was on offer?

Get real.

PS: He comes across as a top bloke in the interview on the official site, too. That makes me well happy - there are too many egos in football, but Dzeko appears to have his feet on the ground. He is going to do very well indeed for us; I can sense it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.