Dzeko (Merged)

He's a clinical finisher, he actually reminds me a bit of Shearer in that respect. If we get this lad good service he'll score goals, but he relies on service. He isn't a Tevez type who will hustle them for himself, but if we create chances for him, he'll take them, no doubt.

Silva criticisers need to realise the amount of New players at City, this brings individualism.

as the squad progress with training and familiarity players will define their roles in the TEAM and begin to work together more.
This on paper will bring more service for the likes of Dzeko who thrive on it. probably why Mancini chooses to leave him on the bench for now and start more individuals ala Balo & Tev

Silva is immense and as the squad progresses he will fit nicely as a servant for the front men.

SteSteez said:
Silva criticisers need to realise the amount of New players at City, this brings individualism.

as the squad progress with training and familiarity players will define their roles in the TEAM and begin to work together more.
This on paper will bring more service for the likes of Dzeko who thrive on it. probably why Mancini chooses to leave him on the bench for now and start more individuals ala Balo & Tev

Silva is immense and as the squad progresses he will fit nicely as a servant for the front men.

very true this...they are still getting to know each other's ways no doubt about it...but someone had a go at Silva about him leaving Valencia and not making the spanish national starting 11, and I have to agree with that too...he is a bit of a one man show, he loves to finish it himself rather than go for an obvious pass, not saying he's crap, he's probably one of the most important players at city, but obvious passes have to be made, even though you don't know the player that well...

someone noted one pass Silva should have played to Dzeko but chose to go alone instead, here is another one, if you have the match downloaded go to 72:50 watch Silva shake off the challenge and turn...he has two options, Yaya, and Dzeko, running into open space between two CB's...through ball onto Dzeko's right foot would mean a goal...Silva gois infield himself...

Anyway, not a dig at Silva, it comes with drill, and Mancini has to do it in the next pre-season period, those are the things that should be done instinctively, automatically without much thinking...future is bright for you...

some people seem to feel the need to criticize someone to justify their support of džeko. it was tevez, it was mancini, it was mario, and now that there's no tevez on the field, and mario seems to be friends with our precious, now it's silva. seriously, guys?

yes I think he's not getting enough service. yes I think it would've been a brace for edin if silva passed that one time. but did you ever stop to think the lad didn't notice edin? or thought something else was a better idea? or thought the ball would be intercepted if he tried to pass (there were quite a few people in the box at the time)? why does it always have to be 'someone doesn't like him'? did you ever try blending into a team playing football for fun in your local sports center? you make the whole country look like pathetic moaners.

be happy for the bloke, he finally scored, here's hoping for many more to come.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:28 pm --<br /><br />
No17 said:
SteSteez said:

very true this...they are still getting to know each other's ways no doubt about it...but someone had a go at Silva about him leaving Valencia and not making the spanish national starting 11, and I have to agree with that too...he is a bit of a one man show, he loves to finish it himself rather than go for an obvious pass, not saying he's crap, he's probably one of the most important players at city, but obvious passes have to be made, even though you don't know the player that well...

someone noted one pass Silva should have played to Dzeko but chose to go alone instead, here is another one, if you have the match downloaded go to 72:50 watch Silva shake off the challenge and turn...he has two options, Yaya, and Dzeko, running into open space between two CB's...through ball onto Dzeko's right foot would mean a goal...Silva gois infield himself...

Anyway, not a dig at Silva, it comes with drill, and Mancini has to do it in the next pre-season period, those are the things that should be done instinctively, automatically without much thinking...future is bright for you...

agreed. but I think it's nothing to do with džeko, it's the way silva is, and that's the manager's job to either fit in or correct. it's not like "silva destroys džeko". I don't know where those ideas come from.

bosanka said:
some people seem to feel the need to criticize someone to justify their support of džeko. it was tevez, it was mancini, it was mario, and now that there's no tevez on the field, and mario seems to be friends with our precious, now it's silva. seriously, guys?

yes I think he's not getting enough service. yes I think it would've been a brace for edin if silva passed that one time. but did you ever stop to think the lad didn't notice edin? or thought something else was a better idea? or thought the ball would be intercepted if he tried to pass (there were quite a few people in the box at the time)? why does it always have to be 'someone doesn't like him'? did you ever try blending into a team playing football for fun in your local sports center? you make the whole country look like pathetic moaners.

be happy for the bloke, he finally scored, here's hoping for many more to come.

some posts are blaming other players but more times it was Dzeko's fault for the team's failing to win (Liverpool)...you said too much in his head at the moment, interception what's the better choice...a man with a clear site of goal is always a better choice...there is no thinking about it...a man who decides to take on two players instead of passing the ball to someone who only has to shoot is either selfish, or not used to having that player in that position...it's not only Dzeko...there are plenty of opportunities for Silva to hit a through ball and he doesn't...again if a player is in a better position, pass the damn ball, it is a team sport....

you still chuffed to tiny bits?

agreed. but I think it's nothing to do with džeko, it's the way silva is, and that's the manager's job to either fit in or correct. it's not like "silva destroys džeko". I don't know where those ideas come from.

that comment was out of line, and a bit extreme :) that was a die hard edin fan :)

If you give him service in the box , he will put the ball in the back of the net because he is a clinical finisher , with his head and both feet. Next year , providing we bring in a winger maybe , he will score hat fulls and it wouldn't surprise me if he finished as our top scorer next year. He can still score important goals at the end of this year , but next year he will be in the team a lot more often because you don't spend 27 million pounds on him and sit him on the bench for a year. Ohhhhhhhhhh Edin Dzekooooooooo

Wow , i did not know that David Silva was that touchy subject on this forum. Just to level it up the sam problem has Kolarov and Johnson !!!
Actually that stiffness and luck of "something" is a mercenaries mentality that you can feel in City-s game. More team play less egoistic inner competition about status in the club and less prima donna manners (type Johnson last night when he left the game).

Back to Dzeko ! Hope Manchini will give him some physical / running parameters he needs to fulfill during the summer brake in order to compete for the first 11. The guy has to do some major improvement, running-wise, in order to reach the absolute top and be on regular bases striker next season both in PL and CL. Otherwise, for now, put a pressure on him feed him with bolls and he will score. He might look little clumsy every now and then but he will score ;) .

balkanno said:
beautiful_mind said:
A poor guy !!! Listening that interview you could feel how a genuine team player thinks. The sad thing is that he was not supposed to get that boll. The little guy (Silva) was trying to score himself though he had Edin in a perfect position. Silva is destroying all forwards in the current City game set up.

This is very interessing, because of the History of David Silva. Lately Valencia Fans was saying the same, even Spain offers more open Gameplay, Silva got questiable before his Transfer. The thing, here is something true, thats why Silva didnt could to manage a Position in Spains Squad at the World Cup and in the Qualifys.

Silva is potenical Player who will allways search his Connection (Case MCFC - Tevez) and leave other Players to do the work for him. But he cant work with all Players, thats something like his nature and thats why he didnt played starting at Spain on WC, they use all 11 Players.

oh my, the Dzeko fantards are so unbelievable!

he was called up on all games (WC Qualifiers) except the time when he was injured, and he scored 3 goals (1 of it against Bosnia on Bosnian soil, Oct 14 2009)

the current coach of La Roja likes to utilize 2 defensive MF that's why he's sacrificed! (and he scored 4 goals for Spain already post-WC)

i can't believe you're all so busy pointing your fingers to almost every other player! admit it, he's adjusting to the pace of the league, don't assume that the moment he gets the pass, it will be converted to goal (oh please!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.