Dzeko, Tevez and the system

Shaelumstash

I was pretty annoyed at Dzeko's Santa Cruz-esque performance last night, but I am going to give him and Mancini the benefit of the doubt that he is a much better player than that.

However, the problem I have looking forward is not about his ability, but rather the type of player he is takes something away from the team that has been playing so well.

To play Dzeko means he has to play in the middle. Silva has been incredible on the right of a 3. Therefore Tevez has been forced to play on the left of a 3, and it proved under Hughes early reign, and in the first half against Wolves and the game against Villa, he can't play there.

Tevez has been the best central striker we have had for 40 years playing in the middle of a 3, and we are moving him out of that position to accomodate Dzeko, who even his biggest fan would admit is not in the same league as Tevez.

We have been so dangerous on the edge of the box with Tevez and Silva exchanging neat intricate passes with quick feet, and I just don't see how a 6'4 player could ever hope to do that as well at Tevez.

That is why Mancini moved Dzeko out to the left in the second half yesterday, to get Tevez in the middle where he can do some damage. Clearly Dzeko cannot play on the left either.

If we want to carrry on playing 433 / 451 it is a straight choice between Tevez and Dzeko to play down the minddle. Neither of them can play wide. So, we either completely change the system to accomodate them both, or we just play the best one. I know who I'd choose.

I'm not making a judgement on him as a player and saying he is a bad one, I just don't think he's the right one. I rate Adebayor very highyly, I think he's a brilliant player, but I wouldn't want him playing in the middle and Tevez moving out to the left either. I'm sure Dzeko is a fantastic player as well, but I can't see how him and Tevez can both fit in to the system we have been playing for the majority of the season.

Think about the point i'm making before coming back with a "I just get behind the blues, me" comment

Shaelumstash said:
I was pretty annoyed at Dzeko's Santa Cruz-esque performance last night, but I am going to give him and Mancini the benefit of the doubt that he is a much better player than that.

However, the problem I have looking forward is not about his ability, but rather the type of player he is takes something away from the team that has been playing so well.

To play Dzeko means he has to play in the middle. Silva has been incredible on the right of a 3. Therefore Tevez has been forced to play on the left of a 3, and it proved under Hughes early reign, and in the first half against Wolves and the game against Villa, he can't play there.

Tevez has been the best central striker we have had for 40 years playing in the middle of a 3, and we are moving him out of that position to accomodate Dzeko, who even his biggest fan would admit is not in the same league as Tevez.

We have been so dangerous on the edge of the box with Tevez and Silva exchanging neat intricate passes with quick feet, and I just don't see how a 6'4 player could ever hope to do that as well at Tevez.

That is why Mancini moved Dzeko out to the left in the second half yesterday, to get Tevez in the middle where he can do some damage. Clearly Dzeko cannot play on the left either.

If we want to carrry on playing 433 / 451 it is a straight choice between Tevez and Dzeko to play down the minddle. Neither of them can play wide. So, we either completely change the system to accomodate them both, or we just play the best one. I know who I'd choose.

Seriously, I have no idea where you are getting all this rubbish from... Has anyone actually ever seen Dzeko before he came to City?

Btw, Tevez is indeed a better individual player than Dzeko, but Dzeko is a much better team player, although comparing the two is already evidence of a short circuit in one's thick skull.

same problem but maybe a bit more important than yours imo.
bought pie and chips the other day, the chips weren't all lined up straight, kind of a bit random in the tray,pie was ok though.

wanderer72 said:
Shaelumstash said:

Seriously, I have no idea where you are getting all this rubbish from... Has anyone actually ever seen Dzeko before he came to City?

Btw, Tevez is indeed a better individual player than Dzeko, but Dzeko is a much better team player, although comparing the two is already evidence of a short circuit in one's thick skull.
Where am I getting this rubbish from?!! Are you for real?! So are you saying you don't see Dzeko playing centrally for us, you see him as a wide player? Bananas

Shaelumstash said:

Apart from him heading wide the only clear chance he's had in 2 games, what did you see him do wrong yesterday..?
I only saw some great touches, great vision, good passing accuracy and the ability to sidestep defenders, which makes a mockery of your he can't have quick feet cos he's 6'4" comment.
To compare him with Santa cruz is a misguided opinion that has no grounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.