Dzeko, Tevez and the system

We didn't score a single goal, Dzeko was as shit as Tevez and pretty much everyone in attacking, though I Loved Kolarov

Personally I don't see any problem having a big striker in the middle, it's radical I know but it might just work.

I just don't agree. Tevez imo is better when he gets the ball deeper and have some space to run at the defenders. Dzeko suits the position as a tank centerforward perfectly, and will be a big piece in getting closer to a league winning team.

Shaelumstash said:
wanderer72 said:
Seriously, I have no idea where you are getting all this rubbish from... Has anyone actually ever seen Dzeko before he came to City?

Btw, Tevez is indeed a better individual player than Dzeko, but Dzeko is a much better team player, although comparing the two is already evidence of a short circuit in one's thick skull.
Where am I getting this rubbish from?!! Are you for real?! So are you saying you don't see Dzeko playing centrally for us, you see him as a wide player? Bananas

Most of his striker career he's been playing in a 4-4-2, switching between left and right with his partner. He can play 4-2-2-1 nearly as easily, but that doesn't mean he needs to stay right in front of the goalkeeper.

I have no stats ready, but think he's been slighly more efficient on the left side in the 4-4-2... This assumes, however, CROSSING INTO THE FOUR LINES THAT INDICATE WHAT IS CALLED "A BOX" OR PASSING THE FUCKING BALL DURING THE COUNTER BEFORE IT OR INSIDE OF IT, but then City would actually be playing football, rather than what it does much more often -- have 11 players on the pitch, each trying to impress their future page 3 girlfriend.

wanderer72 said:
Shaelumstash said:
Where am I getting this rubbish from?!! Are you for real?! So are you saying you don't see Dzeko playing centrally for us, you see him as a wide player? Bananas

Most of his striker career he's been playing in a 4-4-2, switching between left and right with his partner. He can play 4-2-2-1 nearly as easily, but that doesn't mean he needs to stay right in front of the goalkeeper.

I have no stats ready, but think he's been slighly more efficient on the left side in the 4-4-2... This assumes, however, CROSSING INTO THE FOUR LINES THAT INDICATE WHAT IS CALLED "A BOX" OR PASSING THE FUCKING BALL DURING THE COUNTER BEFORE IT OR INSIDE OF IT, but then City would actually be playing football, rather than what it does much more often -- have 11 players on the pitch, each trying to impress their future page 3 girlfriend.
Oh so you agree with me then, that to play them both we need to change the system to a 442, thanks for that. I assume you must never have played football in your life. If you play 442, you are playing with 2 CENTRAL strikers, of course one plays on the left and one plays on the right, but that is rarely set in stone. Playing on the LEFT or the RIGHT of a 433 is a rather different position all together!

Shaelumstash said:
I'm not making a judgement on him as a player and saying he is a bad one, I just don't think he's the right one. I rate Adebayor very highyly, I think he's a brilliant player, but I wouldn't want him playing in the middle and Tevez moving out to the left either. I'm sure Dzeko is a fantastic player as well, but I can't see how him and Tevez can both fit in to the system we have been playing for the majority of the season.

Think about the point i'm making before coming back with a "I just get behind the blues, me" comment

jesus never mind joke of the day thread, thats got 2 be in the joke of the decade thread

Shaelumstash said:
wanderer72 said:

Oh so you agree with me then, that to play them both we need to change the system to a 442, thanks for that. I assume you must never have played football in your life. If you play 442, you are playing with 2 CENTRAL strikers, of course one plays on the left and one plays on the right, but that is rarely set in stone. Playing on the LEFT or the RIGHT of a 433 is a rather different position all together!

Seems like you don't get your own definitions. If he's playing in front of Tevez (and have Tevez consistently ignore him, as he's been doing this far), it doesn't mean he is by definition in Tevez's path unless you assume Tevez is the one who has to finish it every single time.

I didn't even mention a classic 4-3-3 (which is quite different to 4-4-2-1), what are you talking about?

blumoonrises said:
Apart from him heading wide the only clear chance he's had in 2 games, what did you see him do wrong yesterday..?
I only saw some great touches, great vision, good passing accuracy and the ability to sidestep defenders, which makes a mockery of your he can't have quick feet cos he's 6'4" comment.
To compare him with Santa cruz is a misguided opinion that has no grounds.
I don't want this to turn in to a thread about me slagging Dzeko and saying he's a shit player, it's far too early to make a judgement. I thought he was poor against Villa, I thought he got knocked off the ball too easily and looked clumsy. I am sure he is a better player than that but the point I am making is about his and Tevez suitability to play together in the current system.

sweep said:
Personally I don't see any problem having a big striker in the middle, it's radical I know but it might just work.
I didn't see it as a big problem having the top scorer in the league and our player of the season playing in the middle either.

thomasobDK said:
I just don't agree. Tevez imo is better when he gets the ball deeper and have some space to run at the defenders. Dzeko suits the position as a tank centerforward perfectly, and will be a big piece in getting closer to a league winning team.
You're right, Tevez is better when coming deep, and he has been doing that while playing as our central striker. It has worked brilliantly because there is no "tank" for their central defenders to mark, so it draws them out and creates space in behind. As another poster has said on another thread, Tevez and Silva were occupying the same space yesterday and it just didn't work at all.

... which may meen that Silva and Tevez need to move a bit apart? Or, that Silva needs to play behind both Dzeko and Tevez?

How is either Dzeko's fault?

All I'll say is Dzeko looks class to me. It's up to Roberto to get them all to gell. We need players who are adaptable and can play in numerous formations. I would think Dzeko falls into that category. Good signing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.