Earliest City match attended by a forum member

City v shrewsbury 17/12/88 - Hinchcliffe scores direct from the corner. as my dad was a red, so was I until I

a: scored free school tickets to this game.
b: awoke from my stupidity
c: became a glory hunting bastard.

Been blue ever since.

Wasn’t there a game against Everton on a Sunday once that kicked off at 11:30? That’s the earliest I can remember going to a match

Last edited:
April 1967 at Bramhall Lane.

We lost, I'd heard lots about Johnny Crossan, but looking back now my abiding memory is of watching countless people being helped to the front with blood pouring out of them. The St Johns Ambulance people had a lot of work to do that day.

I was 9 at the time and had no idea people kicked the shit out of each other over football.

City v shrewsbury 17/12/88 - Hinchcliffe scores direct from the corner. as my dad was a red, so was I until I

a: scored free school tickets to this game.
b: awoke from my stupidity
c: became a glory hunting bastard.

Been blue ever since.
A 17 year old Carl Grifiths scored two to put Shrewsbury ahead that day...we signed him later...City dragged two back to make it 2-2.
Lake played right back for the 1st time for the 1st team iirc.

Mentioned at the start of the thread, Newcastle at Wembley in 1955. Only remember the diving header to bring City level. Some time after that was my first time at Maine Road to see Stanley Matthews.

Burnley at home 1973/74 season , home win . Bus fares were a flat 2p any distance , - 2 buses to Manchester then a match bus from Aytoun Street, 30p to get into the Kippax.

Beat me to it...

... pretty sure the first half was the quietest half of football City ever played.

No wonder they never scheduled any more games at 11:15AM on a Sunday.

11am new years day sheff wed away,the coach was swimming in sick(cant remember the year) although I posted about this game not too long ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.