Early Doors

mikeylad222

Does anybody remember the series?

I heard there was talk of a 3rd series but nothing came of it and alot of the stars have moved onto other programs, casualty etc.

It was brilliant when it was on, shame it finished. A pub as it should be.

I was looking for my Dad's DVD's of both series the other day but can't find them anywhere! I'm either going to have to download them or go out and buy them myself. Absolutely brilliant programme.

Cheers mate. I'll have a gander when I'm home from work. Stupid intranet here blocks shed loads of sites!

Co written and starring a lad I played subbuteo against when we were kids, Phil Mealey.

For those who live around the Heaton Norris area of Stockport, you'll have noticed that the roads that always come up in conversations are around that area. E.g. Selby Street (by the side of the Ash)
Birdhall Lane was always a favourite although that's on the other side of the town.

Also the pubs, The Grapes (near Heaton Norris park) The Hope (on the A6 near Belmont Bridge) The Nicholsons (Lancashire Hill)

The name "Winnie" comes from a woman who lived on the same street as Phil and she's a double for the character in the series. But the best, the two bobbies, are also based on real life characters. There were two coppers who always stopped at the Three Crowns for a drink when they were on duty.

Have a look on Amazon if you need to buy both series on DVD. It's less than £7

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.