East Stand Level 2 - 2015/16

blue ranger

Have looked for another thread but couldn't find one. Please merge mods if one exists.

This season I've heard one or two rumours that the price of season tickets in East stand level 2 will increase significantly next season. Currently our tickets are already among the most expensive in the ground and I assume the club are looking to phase us out.

The rumour I heard yesterday was that the seats would be £1300 + next season. Does anyone know if this is true and if so what are plans for existing supporters in ES Level 2?

blue ranger said:
Have looked for another thread but couldn't find one. Please merge mods if one exists.

This season I've heard one or two rumours that the price of season tickets in East stand level 2 will increase significantly next season. Currently our tickets are already among the most expensive in the ground and I assume the club are looking to phase us out.

The rumour I heard yesterday was that the seats would be £1300 + next season. Does anyone know if this is true and if so what are plans for existing supporters in ES Level 2?

Here in 204 we are hoping it will only be the southern end of CB2 and ES2 that will get the price hike. If your sat in those areas get ready for he relocation window.

Me and 2 others are expecting that we are going to have to move (in 209). We were warned a couple of years ago as to what to expect, and a few decided to move then, rather than wait.

Will have to wait until the renewel notices arrive and see what the club are offering as an alternative. Can't say I'm looking forward to moving. But if you don't use the bars and food outlets in the ground, which we don't as its to expensive. then theres no point in paying the big price hike and we will have no alternative but to move.

Its looks like its going to be half-way house at the moment, where its not full hospitality, with a meal etc, but you will have your own inproved area with food outlets and your own sportsman type bar with comfortable seating and tables and tv monitors,

Must say we have been guessing as to what the price will be, and think the outer blocks will be cheaper, however, I expect 209 to be about £1200. Don't know if they'll offer concessions.

blue ranger said:

Did you not get a letter? I thought there had been a letter about this? Apparently season ticket holders were told about this 5 years ago:

<a class="postlink" href="http://bluemoon32.phpengine.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=309270&sid=f5c788bf7735069ecdfd60cc60c5d596" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bluemoon32.phpengine.net/viewtop ... cc60c5d596</a>

We were told a few years back the seats would be £1100 from next season for the introduction of premium seating.

We're all planning to move as a result.

It's a sad state of affairs. Initally I thought well, corporate makes the money so I understood it, but with the TV deals running the revenue of clubs nowadays and it only getting worse, there's no excuse and no need for extra corporate sections.

I'd love City to be the first club to say, given the new TV deal, we will cut the proposed ST increases and have a price freeze or drop, but sadly it will never happen.

markbmcfc said:
We were told a few years back the seats would be £1100 from next season for the introduction of premium seating.

We're all planning to move as a result.

It's a sad state of affairs. Initally I thought well, corporate makes the money so I understood it, but with the TV deals running the revenue of clubs nowadays and it only getting worse, there's no excuse and no need for extra corporate sections.

I'd love City to be the first club to say, given the new TV deal, we will cut the proposed ST increases and have a price freeze or drop, but sadly it will never happen.

Indeed, but if that TV money wasn't there City need something else. For example, Virgin have complained to Ofcom about how the Premier League sell TV rights, Ofcom have opened an investigation which is coming to a close and the findings will be released in March (IIRC). Ofcom will probably change nothing, but City don't know for certain. Plus, according to the media, BT Sport came out of nowhere and took Sky by suprise, that's why the deal that has just been made is £5.14bn. Plus, that money isn't going to shared equally as is shown here:

article-2627954-1DDC159300000578-290_634x562.jpg

Plus, this decision by City was made a long time ago.

Got my say in on GMR yesterday about the fact that the New Premier League Money will not result in a reduction in ticket prices

We're in 206 and it will probably be our last season in there. Not even sure if I will renew at all as I've missed a lot of the games this season

Honestly can't understand the reasoning behind these changes. The majority of empty seats in the ground are all corporate so it makes no sense.

Ah well it is a big shame because there are some cracking people where we are.

With the new TV deal coming in there should be nothing but reductions all over the country, but we all know that won't happen.

There is a big thread about this and a official note about it somewhere.mwhen I think prices are starting at £1150? Could be wrong though and those effected who do not want renew at these prices will get a exclusive relocation window before everyone else and this will include first dibs on the new stand.

mcfc_ms said:
We're in 206 and it will probably be our last season in there. Not even sure if I will renew at all as I've missed a lot of the games this season

Honestly can't understand the reasoning behind these changes. The majority of empty seats in the ground are all corporate so it makes no sense.

Ah well it is a big shame because there are some cracking people where we are.

With the new TV deal coming in there should be nothing but reductions all over the country, but we all know that won't happen.

Yes I'm one of them lol.

I'm probably going to stay in 206 so I will try to annoy the new corporates even more than I did the regulars!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.