'Eastlands to Las Vegas' Advice Please!

BooksReject

Read that thread with great interest, and look forward to a firm announcement as to the re-generation of the area.

I have a job opportunity which would mean moving back up to Manchester, and with this re-generation in mind am considering buying a flat in the vicinity of the ground as not only a home, but a sound investment for the future if I take the job! ;)

Are the ITK's with regard to the 'project' able to help me with this very difficult decision? Would it be a wise move, or should I steer clear? Obviously I will make my own mind up in the end, but any hints gratefully received Blues!

Surely if 6 million visitors to the area are expected, it will become a very sought after address? Or not...?

(Preliminary interest for The Waterfront, Openshaw and Stillwater Drive...)

Oh, and being able to walk to the ground isn't at all a contributory factor ;)

Cheers Blues
CTID

over 25,000,000 people visit Turkey every year - a large amount of whom visit Istanbul.

I don't think this makes it an area that they all want to relocate to. So I wouldn't for an instant make any connection between any development and attraction to COMS (if it happens) and making any speculative real estate purchase on your own account.

also, a similar thing happened in Orlando when they announced the construction of DisneyWorld would be built there, leading to an eventual massive overstock of hotels and a real estate bubble that shortly afterward burst.

I'd buy your property somewhere that you'd like to live, not for any speculative gains you think you might be on to, although with your timing you're probably going to be getting it at a decent price no matter where you buy.

good luck to you.

(and where are the overseas Blues to help give advice with this: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=205566" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=205566</a> )

johnmc said:
Are properties in vegas above the natural average. I doubt they are.

3,000 people a month used to be moving to Vegas (don't ask me why - I can't stand it but have grown to appreciate certain aspects of its eyesore on my visits) and it was a construction boom with corresponding increases in land prices up until recently, when things have gone into a slump; pretty much like the rest of the US.

I think Vegas gets around 35 million visitors a year, and from 1990 to 2000 was the USA's fastest growing metropolitan city, increasing 83%.

still, there's no sense in comparing Las Vegas to Manchester, for a whole load of reasons; just like you couldn't compare London to Tokyo.

- and the 'Strip' (where the majority of all the action happens) is a very small parcel of land that's only about 4 miles long, which is incongruently unique in its characteristics (as is Vegas) which is what gives it such a distorted value; with 7 out of the world's top 10 hotels within a five mile radius of each other there.

It has been called "the entertainment capital of the world" which is a bit of a jump to a football stadium with a little land development around it.

de niro said:
Well I'm leaving for las Vegas in an hour and a half and I'm going to have a fucking ball:)

So that's you in the Crown and Anchor on Sunday morning then Bill.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.crownandanchorlv.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.crownandanchorlv.com/index.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.