EasyJet - positive experience

Blue Hefner

I came back from Berlin yesterday on an EasyJet flight, with Mrs Hef and our 18 month old. I never thought I would type this but I feel the whole EasyJet experience has improved massively

1) It was a new plane, much newer than the BA one we flew to St Kitts on. BA are a whole new thread, though
2) Staff appeared much friendlier than previously
3) There seemed to be more space on the plane
4) They actually treated us like people, not saps that are there to spend money from the second wheels are up to down. We went to Athens with them years ago and it didn't stop. From drinks, food, scratch cards, charity donations etc

I think you get the point. I would be happy to fly with them again rather than just seeing them as a means to an ends

Anyone else had an improved EasyJet experience or is this a one-off?

Easyjet would be my European airline of choice where possible. No hidden costs, allow normal hand luggage free of charge, and you can check in well in advance.

Their route network isn't quite as extensive and price is generally a bit more which is the only reason I don't fly with them all the time.

However, they are the only airline I know of that will provide a travel credit should your flight become cheaper than the price you originally paid. Airline algorithms mean prices go up when people are searching that route (after Champions League draw), but if people don't book it and the plane is half empty, the prices will come down. Eg - For Monaco a couple of season ago, I flew to Marseille for £85pp and there were 2 of us. A week before the flight, the price was £32pp so I rang up and they gave me a travel credit which I used to go to Berlin (after City had been knocked out).

I think they are comfortably the best budget airline in my experience, and better than several non-budget airlines.

1) It was a new plane, much newer than the BA one we flew to St Kitts on. BA are a whole new thread, though

Easyjet are alright. To all intents and purposes they're now pretty similar to what you used to get with short haul flying. The main difference, and one that people have gone for, is to exchange low Fares for being stuffed if something goes wrong - they don't have stand by aircraft to maintain the schedule integrity if one goes tech. People always thought the cost stemmed from having a meal on board, when it didn't.

On aircraft ages, they're measured in terms of cycles rather than years, so short haul aircraft do tend to be younger in stricter terms than long haul ones. They wear out quicker. BA have a pretty young long haul fleet overall.

Have had good experiences with them especially travelling with a baby where they do tend to be helpful and ensure all is well and offer to heat milk etc. Might sound simple but been on other airlines where they have been abysmal and forced people to carry buggies and child down flights of stairs without offering any assistance. It is good value. You do not get any better service on BA who offer a low budget customer service for fairly expensive flight costs.

I think Easyjet represents a good example of capitalism working for the benefit of the masses. They have presented ordinary working people with the opportunity of affordable travel to places they were previously prohibited from visiting for reasons of cost; which surely has to be a good thing, per se.

You are Simon Jordan and I claim my prize

Easyjet would be my European airline of choice where possible. No hidden costs, allow normal hand luggage free of charge, and you can check in well in advance.

Their route network isn't quite as extensive and price is generally a bit more which is the only reason I don't fly with them all the time.

However, they are the only airline I know of that will provide a travel credit should your flight become cheaper than the price you originally paid. Airline algorithms mean prices go up when people are searching that route (after Champions League draw), but if people don't book it and the plane is half empty, the prices will come down. Eg - For Monaco a couple of season ago, I flew to Marseille for £85pp and there were 2 of us. A week before the flight, the price was £32pp so I rang up and they gave me a travel credit which I used to go to Berlin (after City had been knocked out).

I think they are comfortably the best budget airline in my experience, and better than several non-budget airlines.

They only do the travel credit if you have paid for membership. They no longer offer it to casual travellers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.