Easyjet

The Pink Panther said:
barcablue said:
pretty sure there is no weight restriction on hand luggage with Easyjet. As long as the bag fits into the little metal thing at the airport the weight is not a problem. So if you can fit all of your things into a small case it is better to do this. Be warned if it does not fit into the basket at the check in desk then they will charge you to put it into the hold. Best thing to do is check in online and then nobody sees your hand luggage until you are actually at the gate boarding the plane. I doubt very much they will take much notice as they just want you on the plane as fast as possible.

I found a great deal with Ryan Air. Girona to Sardinia 20 euros return tax included. 3 of us 60 euros.. bargain. then I went to put 2 bags on. 40 euros each then 5 euros each way for the other to check in online. Then 10 euros each person to pay by card. Total in the end 180 euros.. trippled with the extras.. I didn't do it in the end. What a rip off..

Last year on the way home from Alicante, Easyjet were being extremely strict at the gate pulling people out of the queue and measuring their hand luggage.
Where it says "only one piece of hand luggage and it must not measure more than ..." they really fucking meant it.
Even passengers who had bought duty free in the airport and couldn't fit it into their hand luggage were being charged. I saw at least four people paying extra at the gate for oversize luggage or for having a carrier bag with duty free as well as hand luggage.
My mate's bag was just a bit too big for the measuring thing. He ended up taking some clothes out of his bag, put them on and then jumped on his bag to make it fit.

This is a good trick on bmi as well. No problem flying out but very strict on return.

Ryanair sucks

The credit card charge is the biggest piss take of all

Top Tip - temporarily wear as many clothes as you can to reduce the packed amount

My mate tried the hand luggage trick last year. Worked on the way out, but they were very strict on the way back. Wouldn't let him do it so he had to pay to put it in the hold.

Still, like people are saying it's very good value. £90 return to Malaga, yes please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.