Ebay Question

First, if the item is advertised as “collection only”, how are you supposed to give the buyer the collection address if not through the eBay system?

Second, why ever would PayPal refund automatically just on some chancer’s say so? Let alone where there is an audit trail on correspondence plus photographic evidence of handover?

Third, why void someone’s contractual obligation to you - losing a sale and having to reclaim commission - because they are taking a few days to follow through?

Do you have something to back up your advice because it looks dodgy to me?
The advice is spot on.
Arrange anything outside pay pal/eBay and your rights go out of the window.
If you do not courier goods to the PayPal registered address you are a gonner.
Go and read their t&cs and google paypal problems.
He may be pukka.
Or he may be an expert at defrauding people who think PayPal is on their side.

Last edited:
Just found his address on ebays order details and he lives in Dagenham....and he wants to collect it....if he's lucky, that's a 10 hr round trip, for a £325 item !! . Doesn't make sence unless he's moved and not updated his internet whotsits.
I might do things the old fashioned way and write him a letter....

The advice is spot on.
Arrange anything outside pay pal/eBay and your rights go out of the window.
If you do not courier goods to the PayPal registered address you are a gonner.
Go and read their t&cs and google paypal problems.
He may be pukka.
Or he may be an expert at defrauding people who think PayPal is on their side.

Nothing was arranged outside Ebay/Paypal restrictions and he requested to pick it up....
I have the item in my garage and his money in a Paypal account.
Worst case scenario is, somehow he gets his money back and I keep the item, I cant see where a fraud for his benefit could be implemented.
He has good feedback ratings going back over 10 years and if he was up to no good he'd have contacted me by now, shirley not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.