Ebay

shit for selling....too dear
shit for buying.....fakes or poorly described second hand crap

Dont worry mate its fine & safe so long as your carefull, I have had over 1800 deals buying & selling & so far have only had 2 problems, ok I may be lucky but its not as bad as people make out, if you are looking to buy expensive stuff like cars make sure you go & have a look before bidding & for big electrical stuff like TVs stick to amazon or your local comet, currys etc, dont reply to any emails asking for your account details (they will be fake), dont send stuff your selling till its paid for (sorry to state the bleedin obvious) & if in any doubt (feedback less than 99%) email the seller & look at there feeback record, hope some of this helps.

I run a business on there mate, selling second hand cars. I have 100% positive feedback but this week i have had to get the ebay legal team involved as i am a seller and a scouse tw*t bought one, then sent me an e-mail saying he couldn't make it and i was to re-list it. I opened up an unpaid item dispute and the cheeky bin dipping get gave me negative feedback and said 'travelled 200 miles, engine was knackered, do not trust'! This pissed me off big time so i went to leave him neg feedback but, guess what, you cannot leave buyers neg feedback!

I got legal involved for defamation of character and it has now been removed.

Bloke e-mailed me to say he had my address and that i was to 'sleep well'!

I e-mailed him back and said i would leave the door open - honestly, i was fucking raging and would have put him through the pavement!

Rant over!

Just be prepared to deal with dickheads and (i am NOT racist) but groups of people of different ethnic origin turning up with the sole intention of getting money knocked off!

Read peoples feedback before buying anything and use your own judgement if they sound iffy dont bid,and have them send it registered post.allways use paypal as if theres a dispute you will be covered,and dont buy from china

i buy and sell a lot of stuff on ebay..only really good for buying things you dont get in high streets shops.

Been using it for years, but as others have said; its really harsh on us sellers now; you cant leavve negative feedback, people can buy an item,
and simply not pay for ages, then its anothe week before you open a dispute..then theres no guarentee you will ever get money.
And if you dont pay, you get an `unpaid item strike', but you cant see this on a buyers profile!!!??

it is changing apparently...end of august. I wont hold my breath...

but its still okay though, and for every bad experience, ive had 50 good ones...

I've been using ebay to buy and sell for several years and, so far, have had only one iffy chap who wanted to buy a car from me - his scam was that he said a third party owed him a lot more money than the price of the car, they would send me the cheque, I could pay it into my bank and send him the difference and he would arrange for the car to be collected.

Of course he had no intention of collecting the car - the idea was for me to send him the balance of his cheque - several thousand pounds!! The cheque did arrive and it was apparently a genuine Company cheque. I had it investigated by my bank and found that it was from a cheque book stolen from a Company over a year ago!

As far as cars are concerned now I will only accept cash on collection - even Banker's drafts can be forged/stolen so they are not as safe as you might think. I also make sure I'm not alone when they come to collect the vehicle (I have a couple of big sons).

paypal are dodgey fuckers taht hide behind being based in Luxembourgh as an excuse for being shite. They took 2 grand £1999) out of my bank after a brought something on ebay for £19.99 and still struggling the get them to refund.

BlueinCumbria said:
I run a business on there mate, selling second hand cars. I have 100% positive feedback but this week i have had to get the ebay legal team involved as i am a seller and a scouse tw*t bought one, then sent me an e-mail saying he couldn't make it and i was to re-list it. I opened up an unpaid item dispute and the cheeky bin dipping get gave me negative feedback and said 'travelled 200 miles, engine was knackered, do not trust'! This pissed me off big time so i went to leave him neg feedback but, guess what, you cannot leave buyers neg feedback!

I got legal involved for defamation of character and it has now been removed.

Bloke e-mailed me to say he had my address and that i was to 'sleep well'!

I e-mailed him back and said i would leave the door open - honestly, i was fucking raging and would have put him through the pavement!

Rant over!

Just be prepared to deal with dickheads and (i am NOT racist) but groups of people of different ethnic origin turning up with the sole intention of getting money knocked off!

Yeah, 'cos Cumbrians would just turn up and give you the asking price and a fiver tip right??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.