Ebay

11.4% seems fair.

Could be worse. Other sites charge you just for listing items, as would the old fashioned forms of advertising.

Check out vinted, no fees for the seller but probably less passing trade and might be more difficult to secure sales of higher value items.

Does Vinted take a fee? Unlike Ebay, for example, Vinted doesn't charge you a fee for selling on the platform. Instead buyers are required to pay a buyer protection fee as a percentage of the goods that they buy. This can be between 3% and 8% of each purchase.

11.4% seems fair.

Could be worse. Other sites charge you just for listing items, as would the old fashioned forms of advertising.

Check out vinted, no fees for the seller but probably less passing trade and might be more difficult to secure sales of higher value items.
It seems so, compared to other sites mentioned. This is my first time selling this way, so it's all a bit new to me.

It seems so, compared to other sites mentioned. This is my first time selling this way, so it's all a bit new to me.

Unless you were selling internationally and listed on the US/global version. Wouldn't the Irish terms and transaction fees apply to you?

It's worth checking out if there are any promos or introductory offers to see if you were eligible for no charges or reduced charges. But I think you need to activate these before you list the item and make sure you tick any boxes that are needed to nominate it for specific items.

Unless you were selling internationally and listed on the US/global version. Wouldn't the Irish terms and transaction fees apply to you?

It's worth checking out if there are any promos or introductory offers to see if you were eligible for no charges or reduced charges. But I think you need to activate these before you list the item and make sure you tick any boxes that are needed to nominate it for specific items.
That link was the first link I came across when searching for details of their fees. I'm logged into the Irish version of the site, by the way. Anything I've sold, the price is set in euros. Two of the three items I've sold were international, but still within the EU (Germany and Italy).

That link was the first link I came across when searching for details of their fees. I'm logged into the Irish version of the site, by the way. Anything I've sold, the price is set in euros. Two of the three items I've sold were international, but still within the EU (Germany and Italy).

Yeah I got that part. It's just the terms and rates will differ according to the country you are selling from.

Just out of curiosity, I have some mid ticket items that I think will sell well in the States, does anyone know how I would go about putting them on US Ebay from the UK.

Something to highlight though.

Before allowing you to sell internationally, we may ask you to sign an International Selling Agreement acknowledging that items sold to buyers on other eBay sites are subject to the policies of those sites, including their eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Tip
When you sell to overseas buyers, you need to comply with laws in both your country and theirs. Your items must meet the selling and eligibility requirements for the eBay site in each country where you sell.

eBay used to be my main way to sell anything. I’ve switched over to selling on apps such as OfferUp or 5miles. With eBay you have the convenience and safety but definitely has become less worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.