Eberechi Eze

Like Eze and think he would bring a lot to our squad but his injury record is poor and given we have a small squad this will Ilkley count against him?
It isn't a small squad. It’s a full squad we’ll probably let 3 go and bring in 2 or 3, at most we’ll be 1 off maximum.

We don't have a need or space for him. He is in a Dani Olmo category. Doesn't improve us and is essentially a 68m quid squad player. No from me.

Jeremy/Jack on the left, Savio/Oscar/Bernardo on the right, Phil/Kevin in central attacking midfield, Rodri/Kova/sometimes Bernardo/Rico/new DM for the 2 central/defensive midfield spots.

We don't have a need or space for him. He is in a Dani Olmo category. Doesn't improve us and is essentially a 68m quid squad player. No from me.

Jeremy/Jack on the left, Savio/Oscar/Bernardo on the right, Phil/Kevin in central attacking midfield, Rodri/Kova/sometimes Bernardo/Rico/new DM for the 2 central/defensive midfield spots.

Who can improve us? in reality no one, if we are not signing prime Messi, Ronaldo etc.

We have always signed players who are step below of being star players apart from Haaland

Maybe Pep is thinking of using Jack centrally

My only concern re Eze is his fitness. He is technically good, passing is excellent he’s good in tight spaces and could be useful breaking down that fleet of parked buses. Think he will do well in our set up. We may need to be patient while he settles in.

My only concern re Eze is his fitness. He is technically good, passing is excellent he’s good in tight spaces and could be useful breaking down that fleet of parked buses. Think he will do well in our set up. We may need to be patient while he settles in.
fitness is better compared to Olise, Olmo and okayish compared to other options in that position

Who can improve us? in reality no one, if we are not signing prime Messi, Ronaldo etc.

We have always signed players who are step below of being star players apart from Haaland
Sure, we mostly sign young, promising players and turn them world-class. Examples include Rodri, Ruben Dias, John Stones, KDB, David Silva, Aguero, Kompany, Bernardo, Jeremy Doku, Ederson and many others.

I am against signing a 26 year old with a handful of England apps after a couple of good season at Crystal Palace. Not worth all that money. I would rather sign an early twenties player like we mostly have in the past. If we want an older (relatively speaking) player, it needs to be someone who can improve us immediately (for example, Bruno). I don't think Eze does it, and we don't have a space/need for him as it stands.

Sure, we mostly sign young, promising players and turn them world-class. Examples include Rodri, Ruben Dias, John Stones, KDB, David Silva, Aguero, Kompany, Bernardo, Jeremy Doku, Ederson and many others.

I am against signing a 26 year old with a handful of England apps after a couple of good season at Crystal Palace. Not worth all that money. I would rather sign an early twenties player like we mostly have in the past. If we want an older (relatively speaking) player, it needs to be someone who can improve us immediately (for example, Bruno). I don't think Eze does it, and we don't have a space/need for him as it stands.
tbf 25 is not so old, still youngish and moldable by Pep, my only concern is defensive workrate, i don't have to much information about that, but i doubt it is the same as Bernardo's

i think they will sign Eze or somebody else in Bernardo spot to bed him in and get him ready - when Bernardo goes.

tbf 25 is not so old, still youngish and moldable by Pep, my only concern is defensive workrate, i don't have to much information about that, but i doubt it is the same as Bernardo's

i think they will sign Eze or somebody else in Bernardo spot to bed him in and get him ready - when Bernardo goes.
26 in 4 days ;).

Eze is mostly a central player where we have KDB/Phil, or maybe left sided where we have Jack/Jeremy. I just don't see how we need him. Also, I don't think Bernardo is leaving this season. Can't see it. Way too expensive and not really good enough. I would rather sign someone much younger if we want someone to mold.

My idea? We lose KDB/Bernardo (hopefully, Bernardo stays) next year and bring Musiala/Rodrygo/Wirtz (obviously not all of them).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.