Economic impact of Covid-19

Diesel is down at 1.08- surely they could raise duty by 10p a litre to put something back in. Just sayin.

Small businesses will suffer, some bigger companies too, giant companies like Amazon will thrive

I think the only businesses that will suffer are the ones that would have suffered anyway, like a recession it will clear out the dead wood. In turn newer, smaller, fitter and more adaptable businesses will step in a take over. Basically everything has come to a dead stop and will more or less start from that point again, if you have a viable business now there is no real reason why it shouldn't be viable when everything kicks back in. The main concern will be taxation....this will have to be paid for and it could take decades.

Horrendous. The amount of debt being created is incredible.

So bad that it is a complete mindf#@k in my opinion.

I mentioned some time ago on the politics thread that we should look at the equivalent of war bonds/covid bonds to try and plug the hole in public finances, will allow the financial institutions and high networth investors to contribute to the overall effort.

I read yesterday that the EU will be looking at something similar to cover the Eurozone.

3.3 million new unemployed in USA in last week. The biggest weekly rise in history.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.