Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Vickery on Ederson: "He has an absolute howitzer in his feet. His goal kicks can reach the opposing area and he's fairly accurate."

Vickery: "If the opposition really press up, he's going to ping one over them, and with City's pace it'll make the opposition think." [BBC]

Opposition push up against us? That'd be nice

Not too far off, this season, Bravo has an average saves per goal of 1.08 and Ederson has an average saves per goal of 4.08.

I suspect the standard of shots are higher in the PL though.

Last season for Barca, Bravo had an average saves per goal of 3.40 and the season before of 3.47.
To be fair, Bravo has let some seriously sub par shots past him this season.

To be fair, Bravo has let some seriously sub par shots past him this season.
I was looking back at his goals conceded and only a couple were nailed on mistakes. What I did begin to notice however is his tendency to spread himself, falling backwards at shots rather than diving for the actual ball. A lot of potential saves are thus missed. Whilst not obvious it means he has conceded more than a top goalie should and he has not won us many, if any unlikely points.

Second best GK I have ever seen playing for us (I'm 29), not far behind Oblak. Strong mentality, great at shot stopping and a terrific 1-on-1 positioning - my favourite trait about him - the way he cuts down angles is simply world class. Also, his ability to quickly turn defence into attack might be useful sometimes, but most likely he will need to refrain his instinct a bit as I believe it does not suit Pep's playing style.

I was looking back at his goals conceded and only a couple were nailed on mistakes. What I did begin to notice however is his tendency to spread himself, falling backwards at shots rather than diving for the actual ball. A lot of potential saves are thus missed. Whilst not obvious it means he has conceded more than a top goalie should and he has not won us many, if any unlikely points.

Far two many words that could be summarized as 'he was shit for us last year'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.