Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not convinced Bravo won't be our number one next season.

I think Bravo & Pickford as our two goalkeepers is a good possibility.

Even if we do keep Bravo and is the first choice (for now) Ederson is the better bet than Pickford.

Ederson get lot of praise from coaches, football legend and former keeper.
to name a few - julio cesar, van der sar, emerson leao, dunga and maureen.
hope he will reach his potential at City and become all time great.

Your first paragraph doesn't really make sense, mate. I know lots of teams in England play that way, that was my whole point.

Regarding punching, I think a lot of it depends on the goalkeeping coach. Hart very rarely used to punch until Pellegrini brought in that goalkeeping coach, he made Hart a much worse keeper in my view.

De Gea punched a lot more in his early United career than he does now, he's adapted his game. And De Gea is a good example of what I'm talking about with physicality.

When he arrived in the league he was wiry and lightweight. That had never been a problem for him in Spain, but he was getting bullied in the box in the PL. Neville did a big piece on it at the time, absolutely slaughtered him.

DeGea has developed physically over the last few years, become much stronger and he's a much better keeper for it. Again, Neville has analysed his improved performance since he improved physically.

The idea of PL exceptionalism is completely flawed, as shown with European performances. But the PL is different. It would be ridiculous to think otherwise. It is more physical than other top European leagues. Physicality, pace and aggression does play a bigger part in England than it dies in Spain, Italy or Germany. It would be naive to think otherwise.

I don't think it's a good think by the way, but it is what it is.
Sorry I should've clarified in my first paragraph I was referring to La Liga, Serie A, and the Bundesliga.

As far as De Gea goes, I would argue that his struggle in the beginning has more to do with him being young and inexperienced rather than a lack of physicality.
De Gea conceded 29 goals in 29 matches in his first year for the rags.
His last season at Atletico he conceded 53 goals in 38 matches. Much worse than his first year for the rags.
It wasn't like he was a stellar goalkeeper before he joined the rags and his form suddenly plummeted because of this 'physicality'.

This season Bravo has actually punched a slightly higher % than all the GKs we have been linked with except Pickford, Willy and Ederson have the lowest:
Average punches: Caballero-21%, Valdes-32%, Bravo-41%, Pickford-52%, Donnarumma-39%, Ederson Moraes-22%, Hart-39%
Which solidifies my general point that only European GKs punch the ball, which isn't true at all.

Sorry I should've clarified in my first paragraph I was referring to La Liga, Serie A, and the Bundesliga.

As far as De Gea goes, I would argue that his struggle in the beginning has more to do with him being young and inexperienced rather than a lack of physicality.
De Gea conceded 29 goals in 29 matches in his first year for the rags.
His last season at Atletico he conceded 53 goals in 38 matches. Much worse than his first year for the rags.
It wasn't like he was a stellar goalkeeper before he joined the rags and his form suddenly plummeted because of this 'physicality'.

Yeh think we're going off on a tangent here. I appreciate De Gea's improvement wasn't solely down to his improved physicality. I'm just saying it played a part, and physicality is more important in England than it is in Spain, Italy or Germany. I completely stand by that.

Yeh think we're going off on a tangent here. I appreciate De Gea's improvement wasn't solely down to his improved physicality. I'm just saying it played a part, and physicality is more important in England than it is in Spain, Italy or Germany. I completely stand by that.
based on what exactly?

based on what exactly?

Based on the fact so many teams in the PL play direct football up to a big strong centre forward, who are up against big strong centre halves, and have aggressive centre midfielders who's main job it is to tackle and win second balls.

Never seen a team play like that in Spain, Italy or Germany. Technique and tactical acumen is far more important in those countries. That's one of the reasons why the PL is so competitive, a team near the bottom can beat a team at the top with direct, physical football. That doesn't happen quite so much on the continent.

Physicality is far more important in the PL than La Liga, Serie a, or the Bendesliga. If you don't think that's true, what are you basing it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.