Edin and Mario?

His first touch and you can tell what type of game he will have.

I was screamimg for Balo to come on against King as I knew he would struggle with his movement,Dzeko is easy to mark.Just look at Sergio to see how a world class striker operates.

Bluemoon_bosnia said:
For me the best solution is sell Edin, get Cavani or Van Persie.... honestly Dzeko sucks , he is more for german or italian league...

and the fans don't like him at all , that is the first sign to leave...
For me the best solution for Edin is to get Mario out of his head..........

Bluemoon_bosnia said:
For me the best solution is sell Edin , get Cavani or Van Persie.... honestly Dzeko sucks , he is more for german or italian league...

The fans don't like him? You have to remember that:

1. Bluemoon forum posters are not a representative sample of City fans. There are a larger proportion of negative moaners than in the City fanbase at large. This is the case with all football club fansites.

2. There aren't just negative posts about Dzeko - there are negative posts about all players. There are much less now about such players as Kompany, Silva, Milner, and Richards - but there were many in the past, when they were settling in to the club and/or not playing as well.

Anyone complaining about anti-Dzeko posts should look at those about Johnson and Kolarov, to name but two.

3. The reason why there seem to be more posts/threads about Dzeko - and there would be even more if it weren't for the moderators - is the presence of a small, but very vocal, band of pro-Dzeko fanatics, who are not City fans at all, and post not just supporting Dzeko, but slagging off other City players.

Football fans being in general not the most intellectual of humans, it is not surprising that this excessive pro-Dzeko and anti-Aguero, anti-Balo, anti-Nasri etc. posting by these Dzeko "fans", provokes in reaction anti-Dzeko posts and threads. Many of these are very unfair to Dzeko, and do not represent the considered views of most fans.

The position of Edin Dzeko at City seems very different from that of Arshavin at Arsenal.

Frank H said:
Bluemoon_bosnia said:
For me the best solution is sell Edin , get Cavani or Van Persie.... honestly Dzeko sucks , he is more for german or italian league...

1. Bluemoon forum posters are not a representative sample of City fans. There are a larger proportion of negative moaners than in the City fanbase at large. This is the case with all football club fansites.

2. There aren't just negative posts about Dzeko - there are negative posts about all players. There are much less now about such players as Kompany, Silva, Milner, and Richards - but there were many in the past, when they were settling in to the club and/or not playing as well.

Anyone complaining about anti-Dzeko posts should look at those about Johnson and Kolarov, to name but two.

3. The reason why there seem to be more posts/threads about Dzeko - and there would be even more if it weren't for the moderators - is the presence of a small, but very vocal, band of pro-Dzeko fanatics, who are not City fans at all, and post not just supporting Dzeko, but slagging off other City players.

Football fans being in general not the most intellectual of humans, it is not surprising that this excessive pro-Dzeko and anti-Aguero, anti-Balo, anti-Nasri etc. posting by these Dzeko "fans", provokes in reaction anti-Dzeko posts and threads. Many of these are very unfair to Dzeko, and do not represent the considered views of most fans.

The position of Edin Dzeko at City seems very different from that of Arshavin at Arsenal.

Very well put together. I can only hope that Edin somehow will start producing good things.... Man City is the future.

I hope Mancini continues to start Edin. Balo is a red card waiting to happen.

Edin has lost his form but I think he's still deemed a threat by the opposition. That alone is a positive and provides space for the others. He still has those nice passes, has a great pace for his size, and is good in heading the ball.
Balo, on the other hand, scores goals. He has the technique and the confidence. Although when he's not scoring, he's a threat to the safety of players, and is always a potential red card.

I thought he did some good things yesterday but also struggled at times. Particulary, I think that City's free passing system doesn't suit him well just like Ibrahimovic who is a world class striker had similar problems at Barca. I watch his movement at all times and it seems that there is just very little understanding between the midfilders (Silva, Nasri, and Milner) and Dzeko yesterday in terms of when to make a run and where to deliver the ball. You can't put all of that on Dzeko but many times he was just slowly jogging unsure what they're going to do.

Conversely, the run that Nasri made and Silva's delivery was perfect. I think Dzeko is fully capable of making runs like that but there is a lack of understanding in the final third. Because of this he doesn't see that much of the ball in the final third and is tracking back way too much to touch the ball. Then when he does receive it in the final third he's usually well marked and ends up shooting out of frustration.

Aguero and Balottelli are in similar situation but the difference is that those two tend to create more of their opportunities. If that is how Mancini prefers it then OK, but IMO you're not maximizing the opportunities if you put it all on the shoulders of the strikers to get their own shot. I challenge mancini to get more chemistry between the midfield and the strikers in the final third as was the case earlier in the year.

Frank H said:
Bluemoon_bosnia said:

This is one of the best posts on this forum over the past year.

Dzeko has ALREADY contributed a lot to this team. So did Balo. Anyone who doesnt see that is a moron.

And they will continue to do so in the future, as they are very young (Dzeko is the "experienced" one and he is only 25 if I'm not mistaking).

No debate. They are both top class and their price tags show it.

TOP POST mate. Enough said already.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.