Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Re: Edin Dzeko legend

I fucking love Dzeko. Never stopped believing in him...even when many people here said he isn't good enough. He has proved he is good enough already many times...

If one of our strikers have to go....Balotelli plz. Hope Dzeko gets more playing time and stays.

franksinatra said:
Excellent finish by Edin today but similar to Adam Johnson we see many of his best moments late in the game against tire defences, when opposition defences are defending deep and City are pushing for victory.

If Dzeko started regularly the same old problems will surface. A bad first touch, less cohesion in the passing between the attacking players, less movement upfront.

When teams defend deep he is perfect backing into players, working the areas around the 18 yeard box. However in the context of a full game, to take control of the game and stretch sides, the passing between Aguero, Tevez, Nasri, Silva, Yaya allows us to dictate the game. Too often Edin slows down the play or does not link with the others players as effectively.

If we had wingers it maybe different for Edin but I wouldnt change the methodology of playing as I doubt he would outscore a Tevez or Aguero overe the course of the season or enable us to dictate the game as effectively

Wow. Sorry mate but this is two paragraphs of utter garbage.

A lot of things can be said about Edin, but that he is "not a starting type" (which is what your post comes down to) is absolute TRASH.

The guy led the line effectively for Wolsburg on their way to the title, still does it for Bosnia.

He never WAS a bench player or impact sub in his career prior to coming to City, so if anything - his ability to come off the bench regularly is still questionable. Not his ability to start.

Posts like yours just remind me while I dislike discussing football on internet forums.

MSP said:
That's fine with me then though he did not tweeted that.

He just retweeted Lescott's "another goal by Dzeko. Big man is on fire"
Joleon Lescott ‏@JoleonLescott
cause when he was puttin his pads on I told him he was gonna score so when your celebrating come over to me

Josh Blue said:
MSP said:

He tweeted that lescott said he was gna score and when u do run over to me.

than he must deleted that or you're following wrong account as there's no such post on his account.

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/eddzeko" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/eddzeko</a>

I just hope he doesn't lose form like he did last season after a bright start, because we never know if/when we can rely on Mario and a consistent Dzeko will always bag a goal every two games or so. Does Mancini see him as a super sub for some games? Our Solksjaer or something?

pudge said:
MSP said:

cause when he was puttin his pads on I told him he was gonna score so when your celebrating come over to me

ah lescott, that's fine than, I thought he's talking about Dzeko's twitter

though I don't see it on Lescott's one too, lol..

MSP said:
pudge said:
MSP said:

ah lescott, that's fine than, I thought he's talking about Dzeko's twitter

though I don't see it on Lescott's one too, lol..

Watch Dzeko's interview on the OS!

franksinatra said:
Excellent finish by Edin today but similar to Adam Johnson we see many of his best moments late in the game against tire defences, when opposition defences are defending deep and City are pushing for victory.

If Dzeko started regularly the same old problems will surface. A bad first touch, less cohesion in the passing between the attacking players, less movement upfront.

When teams defend deep he is perfect backing into players, working the areas around the 18 yeard box. However in the context of a full game, to take control of the game and stretch sides, the passing between Aguero, Tevez, Nasri, Silva, Yaya allows us to dictate the game. Too often Edin slows down the play or does not link with the others players as effectively.

If we had wingers it maybe different for Edin but I wouldnt change the methodology of playing as I doubt he would outscore a Tevez or Aguero overe the course of the season or enable us to dictate the game as effectively

It's this close-mindedness that really grinds my gears regarding a lot of our fans' perception of Edin. Sure, in the past his first touch hasn't been good enough, and he might have looked a little laboured compared to the rest of the team. But his touch has improved massively (sorry), he frequently flicks round or over a defender with minimal effort, and carries the move going. It's got to a point where I'm not surprised he does this anymore, but people will not drop the idea that he doesn't fit the system. His recent goal record suggests otherwise, are you (and the other doubters) man enough to admit you might be wrong?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.