edinburgh festival 2018

I go every year for a few days and stay with family. I love it.
For the last 4 years I’ve included a Camille O’Sullivan show in my visit but this year she isn’t appearing.
I have booked tkts to see Ian Rankin and Mark Billingham, my two favourite crime writers, in conversation.
I will probably book a few more when there.
In the past I tried to get to too many shows, getting in 3 a day sometimes and just got exhausted. Now I’m older one a day will suffice.

Hopefully Tom Stade at some point.
Struggling to find somebody else that doesn't clash with Tom.

For the last 4 years I’ve included a Camille O’Sullivan show in my visit but this year she isn’t appearing.
I have booked tkts to see Ian Rankin and Mark Billingham, my two favourite crime writers, in conversation.
In the past I tried to get to too many shows, getting in 3 a day sometimes and just got exhausted. Now I’m older one a day will suffice.

Do a little review on Rankin if you get a chance, huge fan of the Rebus novels.

Going up next week with the wife and kids. Done it before and usually also take in St Andrews, Perthshire, Dunkeld, Pitlochry, Stirling Castle, Blairdrummond zoo.

Gorgeous part of the world.

*suppose we will also visit my actual family in Glasgow, but sadly, the place has gone to shit a bit like Manchester last couple years.

Beggars every five yards on Buchannan Street.

Just find a Laughing Horse pub with two or three rooms and see what free shows are on then stay there all day.

Then the Venezuelan restaurant in Stockbridge.

Or for the truly intellectual, Shakespeare for Breakfast then Shakespeare in the Garden in the evening.

LOL. How can you go to Edinburgh and just do one show a day. You have to do 4 or 5.

Off up to Boulmer for a week from the 2nd of August and planning to go back to Edinburgh by train to soak up the atmosphere.. been there a few times but never during the tattoo or fringe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.