EDS cup final

tregyblue61 said:
just back from game.

Enjoyed it. Good to see football being played, no histrionics, moaning, whinging etc. Plenty of good football from both sides.
We had loads of possession, loads of chances too. Both teams wasteful in front of goal. Thought it was one of days when nobody wanted to score.

Lopez a real let down today; expected much from him. Hard to say if anyone could step up to first team level on this showing though I'd like to see Fofana given a go.

Onwards and Upwards

Not seen the EDS play since the Youth Champions League but it looks to me as if Fofana may be taking over Lopes in regards to our promising up and coming player.

I am not writing Lopes off though, the lad will be a top player in time

tregyblue61 said:
just back from game.

Enjoyed it. Good to see football being played, no histrionics, moaning, whinging etc. Plenty of good football from both sides.
We had loads of possession, loads of chances too. Both teams wasteful in front of goal. Thought it was one of days when nobody wanted to score.

Lopez a real let down today; expected much from him. Hard to say if anyone could step up to first team level on this showing though I'd like to see Fofana given a go.

Onwards and Upwards

Cheers for that.

Given none of our lads look capable of progression anytime soon....Did any Reading players impress? What about the midfielder(and Captain) from the 1st leg?

FantasyIreland said:
tregyblue61 said:
just back from game.

Onwards and Upwards

Cheers for that.

Given none of our lads look capable of progression anytime soon....Did any Reading players impress? What about the midfielder(and Captain) from the 1st leg?

There was a really short lad in their central midfield that looked decent, quality touches on the ball, passing.

Their number 9 was a huge lad, quick too but Denayer had a good game against him.

Glendon was superb first half but faded as did most of the team in the second half, and Fofana seemed to be cramping up a lot, took a salt tablet and energy supplement but was still struggling.

Was reminiscent of the first team really, wanting to score the perfect goal rather than just belting it at times.

Very frustrating yesterday, Lopes was poor, didn't get involved enough.

Probably around 4000 there, not a bad turnout, plenty of Blues too and I could even take my half time pint to my seat for the second half !

One game after a highly impressive season and now all of our players are shit and bottlers.

You should be better than this Academy Forum, the regular users in here make it the best forum the site has at the moment and we don't need more of the huge overreacting that the main forum does.

Damocles said:
One game after a highly impressive season and now all of our players are shit and bottlers.

You should be better than this Academy Forum, the regular users in here make it the best forum the site has at the moment and we don't need more of the huge overreacting that the main forum does.

A bit OTT yourself Damo.
Other than LC's slightly 'emotional' outburst immediately post match,i think comment has been based around disappointment due to higher expectations and perceived under-achievement,i certainly don't think anyone is slagging or writing any of the kids off just yet.

For balance,there have been some superb individual and collective performances leading up to this game,which,ultimately,was a final...... so much credit goes to all for that.

The little lad in midfield for Reading was Craig Tanner, tricky little player with great vision.

Denayer and Glendon were the stand outs for City, Denayer in particular keeping Ugwu quiet for most of the game.

Great standard of football being played with pace but it was the last third that let us down yesterday, after some good build up play it was the final ball and movement from the front line where we fell short.

Some good talent coming through Reading though with them winning yesterday and getting to the final of the under 18's against Fulham.

FantasyIreland said:
Damocles said:

A bit OTT yourself Damo.
Other than LC's slightly 'emotional' outburst immediately post match,i think comment has been based around disappointment due to higher expectations and perceived under-achievement,i certainly don't think anyone is slagging or writing any of the kids off just yet.

For balance,there have been some superb individual and collective performances leading up to this game,which,ultimately,was a final...... so much credit goes to all for that.

I'd say thats about right, credit to reading though also they've formed a decent youth team though it remains to be seen whether they are a great crop of youngsters or just a very well managed one.

At a youth level you have to expect very erratic performances, it's all part of the learning experience<br /><br />-- Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:59 am --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:
Damocles said:

A bit OTT yourself Damo.

I'd say thats about right, credit to reading though also they've formed a decent youth team though it remains to be seen whether they are a great crop of youngsters or just a very well managed one.

At a youth level you have to expect very erratic performances, it's all part of the learning experience

MC ID said:
At a youth level you have to expect very erratic performances, it's all part of the learning experience

Yes, but this is the level closest to the first team, and the team that is supposed to be a hotbed of talent ready to make the step up in the imminent future. These aren't 12 year old kids, they have been recruited for top money for their age (Fofana was over a million wasn't he?) are paid a very good wage to do their job.

mansour's tow ropes said:
MC ID said:

Yes, but this is the level closest to the first team, and the team that is supposed to be a hotbed of talent ready to make the step up in the imminent future. These aren't 12 year old kids, they have been recruited for top money for their age (Fofana was over a million wasn't he?) are paid a very good wage to do their job.

Shall I ask your boss if you ever make mistakes at work?

Bilboblue said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
MC ID said:

Shall I ask your boss if you ever make mistakes at work?

That has nothing to do with my point

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.