EDS v Chelsea on SS1 - 5.15pm

Back four looked great.

Is that a scar on Celina's face? Or a birthmark? He's got a lot of character, great feet and passing range. Will make a brilliant number 10!

Back four looked great.

Is that a scar on Celina's face? Or a birthmark? He's got a lot of character, great feet and passing range. Will make a brilliant number 10!
Birthmark.

I like Celina, and he's much more than 'average' as someone else claimed. He is like Jovetic in the fact that he gives you something different, and he's very unpredictable which makes him a nightmare for the defenders.

After watching that game I would prefer it if Tosin moved up to the EDS on a permanent basis. along with Humphries. They can come back in for the youth cup.

That way Kean can play his best position and Glendon can go out on loan, because he won't improve anymore at this level.

Celina has magical feet and is another one who would be better going out on loan. I am sure he would improve more quickly playing more competitive football.

Always very impressed with Tosin, never seen him not look excellent. Very composed and incredible reading of the game.
Really like Bryan, good at everything. No weak points that I can see. Quick across the ground, tough, good on the ball, very good passing range and happy to carry the ball.

Celina is a nice tidy player, very strong on the ball, good vision and certainly a real prospect. He'll be much like Garcia as traditional number 10 or playmaker it will take a good few years to tailor his craft.

Only saw the 2nd half, but thought Celina and Glendon stood out for composure on the ball in the middle.
The lad at the back (centre half) was superb. Both us and Chelsea field very young players at this level,
hence the mention on SSN that neither are fairing too good, results wise.

Impressed by Celina and back 4. Lawlor looked solid, does Vieira chop and change between him and Gunn?
As far as I know, Lawlor has been out for a good while. Before that I was under the impression(welcome to correction) that Lawlor was ahead of Gunn in the pecking order. Just our luck to have two great young keepers! Better than having none i suppose

As far as I know, Lawlor has been out for a good while. Before that I was under the impression(welcome to correction) that Lawlor was ahead of Gunn in the pecking order. Just our luck to have two great young keepers! Better than having none i suppose
Are they great? Either of them ready to be our second choice keeper and free up another CL squad place?

Some excellent players at this level but consistency is the key. The talent in the age groups below the EDS is so strong that we're winning despite fielding a hell of a lot of players a year or two below that age group. Some U18s in the EDS some U16s in the U18s and so on... yet they've all won their recent games. Celina is talented but seems to struggle for consistency. He's got the ability to be a brilliant number 10 but often doesn't fit in all that well with the style of football we try to play because he's more about the intricate stuff and is sometimes bypassed. I wouldn't write anyone off at this level though, it's yet to be seen whether they can make the next step up though. Barker is now in no mans land.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.