EDS vs Brugge

If Delap actually got injured in that Rotherham game you’d have to question the logic of bringing him straight back in to play against proper adults rather than easing him back in an U23 game.

I don't see the Pep DNA in these teams, scoring through "moments" is not sustainable and is the United way, not our way.

Pep's defense record is amazing because of our possession style, but these kids can't keep the ball, or give it away poorly.

That defensive 5 is almost identical to the one that played against Wycomb with no issue, the difference is they held possession better in combination with the attacking 5. There is something off in the system, because the quality is there, but they need to play the Pep way, not whatever that is.

Much as I love the club's dedication to playing out from the back, and how satisfying is it when it comes off, the old maxim of "if in doubt put it out" must occasionally come into play however frustrating that is. I share Pep's philosophy about performance being key and that ultimately if you play well you invariably win, but sometimes pragmatism must be given its head to ensure you win out when the the beautiful game approach is losing out.
The Brugge players looked good in the first game and they carried that form on today. They definitely had the edge physically and capitalised on our many errors. McAtee is so good he makes you smile, but James, messing around in the corner which led to their 2nd goal and turned the match was awful mate and showed how much you have to learn and how far you have to go.
I thought all the players who played so well against Wycombe were down on those levels and it just goes to show how valuable it was for them in that match to have a far sprinkling of experienced top quality around to literally nurse them through the game. Don't stick the knife into them just yet, many are literally kids, but I do hope their needless errors are highlighted to them in the search for a positive response.

That was a fucking awful performance from our boys.Once again the arse fell out of our game when the opposition upped their desire and effort.
Our defence is a shambles,there seems a complete lack of communication and individually we are not marking our men with enough aggression.Slicker is also all over the shop.

McAtee had such a strange game,brilliant at times and almost a liability at others.We also have nothing up front in terms of firepower,its shocking that a club like ours cannot find a single fit and decent striker throughout our ranks.

Most worrying is our collective substance,we have a very soft core and really need to find more fight and desire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.