Effective chanting and the art of motorcycle maintenance

Palerider

Assuming that we all believe that all men are born equal then it follows that all fans of all teams are equal too. What I am saying is that supporting one team or another cannot possibly make you a better fan. However, it's certainly true that at some grounds a higher percentage of fans join in the chants and obviously that leads to more noise. Why is that? I think it's the chant itself. Off the top of my head, and having been at Wembley yesterday, I can think of two of the type of chant I'm thinking about, 'when the saints/spurs go marching in' and 'liv-er-pool, liver-er-pool', both are low effort, simple drones but very, very effective. Because they are slow and low effort many more people join in. I think we need a similar simple but effective chant that the whole ground can join in and can be sung for a couple of minutes. So simple and repetitive but catchy enough to get in your head.

Does it really get simpler than "come on Ci-ty, come on Ci-ty"?
I do see your point believe me, but, "come on City, come on City" is actually quite an aggresive, loud chant that lasts seconds. So no it will not do. The idea is to get people who do not normally vocalise their support to take that first step. Once they get the confidence to chant then they will join in other chants but we need that initial starter chant!

We seem to peak too early. Loads overdo it on the concourse and in the bars, then too pissed or fucked by the time kick-off comes around
The new breed coming through have got this though, bit of an FoC thing. My nephew is 15 and has been to Wembley 10x the amount that Liverpool FC have since he has been alive, yet he still gets excited and is the loudest one of our group

We’ve got the greatest concourse singers in football, in the land, of all the world.

We’ve got the greatest concourse singers in football, in the land, of all the world.
I've thought of a few more examples "Mess-i, Mess-i", "hi ho pompey, pompey hi-ho'. Simple, catchy and highly effective drones.

I sound like a broken record..We’ve already got loads of simple chants/ songs that everyone knows the words to and would join in with. We just never sing them now

city til I die
Hey jude
Blues go marching in
Super city
We love you city

all simple and never sung at matches.

a new song… guardiolas blue and white army (repeat).

I sound like a broken record..We’ve already got loads of simple chants/ songs that everyone knows the words to and would join in with. We just never sing them now

city til I die
Hey jude
Blues go marching in
Super city
We love you city

all simple and never sung at matches.

a new song… guardiolas blue and white army (repeat).
Have to admit, it’s the first thing that came into my head after reading the OP.
Do it ad nauseum in a call and response kind of way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.