EfL trophy - Chesterfield/Grimsby/Lincoln

I never said they get no benefit did I?

I said I'm not sure how much benefit they get. The standard of Chesterfields reserves team is non league level.
That Chesterfield side were disappointing, expected them to test us with a bit of league 2 intensity and physicality.

Went tonight and while we look comfortable on the ball our final ball into the box was very poor. Wright the standout player, nobody else showed too much but I think they were mainly the under 18's out there tonight

Went tonight and while we look comfortable on the ball our final ball into the box was very poor. Wright the standout player, nobody else showed too much but I think they were mainly the under 18's out there tonight
Totally agree - thought Henderson-Hall had a decent game as well.

Both goals were due to clumsy defending and great set pieces.

Not sure how Jaden Heskey is playing in the eds but he was so poor tonight, looked a real fish out of water. Haaland need not worry just yet
A real hard working selfless performance from him with nothing decent to feed on off from the midfield three, have to look deeper, hardly any forward passes or creativity through midfield, too much backwards and sideways.
Goals could be a problem this season and it’s not just down to the man up top

Not sure how Jaden Heskey is playing in the eds but he was so poor tonight, looked a real fish out of water. Haaland need not worry just yet

I’ve never been particularly impressed with him, whether he plays up front or in midfield. But he won the U18 Player of the Season last year so maybe I’m completely wrong!

Think it might be another struggle this year for the EDS as there’s very little attacking quality in the squad. In the past we’ve been spoiled with the likes of Palmer, McAtee, Bobb, Delap, Borges and Mebude but there’s nobody anywhere near that level in this squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.