Egypt

Take a spray hand cleaner with you, the paper money is one of the main carriers of the bacteria that gives you the shits.

Always agree a fee for a taxi journey before setting off.

If you go shopping dont expect a quiet browse, you WILL get hassled.

You MUST go diving in the red sea. If your not happy about scuba diving, then go snorkelling, otherwise you will miss something very special.

Go to Cairo. Its mental.

How come everybody's going to Egypt

everybody who i know who's gone on holiday has gone to egypt

Kris_Musampa said:
Take a spray hand cleaner with you, the paper money is one of the main carriers of the bacteria that gives you the shits.

Always agree a fee for a taxi journey before setting off.

If you go shopping dont expect a quiet browse, you WILL get hassled.

You MUST go diving in the red sea. If your not happy about scuba diving, then go snorkelling, otherwise you will miss something very special.

Go to Cairo. Its mental.
Agree with all the above, Fab place, we stayed over in Cairo for one night, went to see the light show at the pryamids which was amazing.

1/ take some handy anti-bac for you hands
2/ nothing has a price tag on it so ask how much and seriously half it they will not let you walk.
3/ You will get a dodgy stomach but the stuff you get over there is good but finish it all or it will come back with a pharoah's curse, I got told, by the pharmacy guy, to stay off the beef, eggs and sea-food
4/ every egyptian wants tipping for everything that they do, be careful getting money out to tip as they will have it out of your hand before you know it
5/ you probably will get bitten so take something with you for mozzy bites
6/ the pools are heavily clorinated at night to keep the mozzys off so don't go near them after dark with anything decent on, I saw a women sit on the edge of the pool in some trousers and dip her feet in when she got up her arse was practically bare as the chemic had burned through her clothes.
7/ make sure you have a pen at hand in the airport (arriving and leaving) as you will need to fill in a form even if you don't need a visa (visa's are £10 each), you don't need a visa if you are staying AND not leaving the Sanai area
I loved it BTW.

Best place I've ever been, I've been several times.

If you're on the Nile or in Cairo, you'll get taken by any guide you use to shops which sell papyrus or essential oils.

Don't buy. They are a tourist ripoff.

Didsbury Dave said:
Best place I've ever been, I've been several times.

If you're on the Nile or in Cairo, you'll get taken by any guide you use to shops which sell papyrus or essential oils.

Don't buy. They are a tourist ripoff.
The papyrus places are actually really good and worth going to in my opinion but you don't have to buy.

Rushton121 said:
How come everybody's going to Egypt

everybody who i know who's gone on holiday has gone to egypt

'cos its value for money, with the Euro how it is Egypt or Turkey are your best bets. I got a family of four for 10 nights all inclusive in a 4* hotel with a waterpark in the grounds of the hotel for £1590, spent another £200 whilst there, for a family hoilday its dirt cheap I reckon

DavidChubs said:
Off to sunny Egypt for 10 Days shortly. Anyone got any tips on what we should or shouldn't be doing when we are there ?
Never been myself but would love to go.It's one of the most fascinating places on earth.It's next on my list as soon as I have enough £££££'s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.