EL CLASICO (Sat 9pm Bernabeu)

bartinbarca2 said:
Just to think Leo Messi coming to city is no longer a unrealistic hope.
He has achived all he can in La Liga, and will forever has his legacy here, but for himself to achive more elsewhere a new challange and one day very soon he wil realise this this... it will be good for barca as they will get a decent price from us, it will be good for madrid as I think now he is the only differnece bettween them now, good for the premier leauge for him to play in it and good for us..

soorry i am a blue from mcr living in barcelona..
and then you woke up with your face in the porridge......

Why on earth would Messi leave the best and most successful club in world football currently. He could end up retiring with 6 or 7 CL medals and a hatful of La Liga trophies on their current form, AND, be known forever as the best ever player playing in the best team in history. On top of that he has the continental climate and playing in one of the finest stadiums in one of the best cities in the world (especially if you have cash).

People overstate the PL draw at times as well as the "wants to achieve greatness in another country", players want a big wage and trophies and if they are settled in a country at a top club with chances of those then they are usually happy to stay. There's a reason very few players leave RM/Barca/AC /Bayern/Inter unless they are a ) forced out or b) something is going on not related to football. Even if the good players do leave they just tend to swap one "elite" club for another. How many "elite" players have the rags or chelsea managed to entice from those clubs - very, very few.

I know if I was a player and raking in potfuls of cash and fistfuls of trophies I wouldn't even think for 10 seconds about leaving Barca for any club in the world.

Maybe, just maybe, in 3-4 years time if we continue to improve and Barca actually start to slide (extremely unlikely) we may have a chance of signing him but I'm not holding my breath.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.