Elano

i think our players of old werent that bad, there is a thin line between greatness and being average. I prefer to think of them as having personality

Like its already been said, a top quality pen taker but not much else apart frm Newcastle free-kick! A million miles away frm the talent we have now

burnley blue mcfc said:
Like its already been said, a top quality pen taker but not much else apart frm Newcastle free-kick! A million miles away frm the talent we have now

Absolute nonsense. He was an outstanding player and was a joy to watch on many occasions. Would easily be good enough to at least be a squad player today were he five years younger.

He was a gem of a player and frankly he was too good for City at that time. A good call from the poster who just said the signings of "Elano and Petrov showed City had a bit of ambition". If I had been Blumer I would have kicked the shit out of my agent for not getting me a move to Chelsea or Arsenal or United when he wanted out of the snow.

I have just checked his record on Wiki and he had 50 caps for Brazil and he has won the Copa America and the Confederations Cup. If he had done the sensible thing and gone to the Chavs or Arsenal then he would have got the recognition his talent deserved and just like Bell, Kinkladze, Ali B and Berkovic he would fucking own the Premiership with Yaya and Silva at his side.

A great player and it was a pleasure to watch him.

Bluebee2 said:
the blue panther said:
Bullet free kick against Newcastle at home was worth the admission money.
The thought that he isn't thought of as being good enough for us now is mind blowing.

I still mention that now to the point my lads get annoyed, when we get a free kick I used to say "I wish Elano was still here" whereupon they both say he only ever scored two for us, the Newcastle one was a screamer though, the other was Boro I believe.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ3eCh7wft8[/video]
the one against boro was shortly after the newcastle one wasnt it? i remember just turning round going ''fucking hell hes done it again'' and not even celebrating properly. great little chipped free kick if i remember correctly

chris85mcfc said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94705&hilit=elano

Wow that opening post

Whatever happened to Billy Shears?!

I loved Elano. Hence the user name.

No chance he'd get in the team today mind, but at that time, he was the one player I was happy to part money with to watch.

stimo said:
Bluebee2 said:
the blue panther said:
Bullet free kick against Newcastle at home was worth the admission money.
The thought that he isn't thought of as being good enough for us now is mind blowing.

I still mention that now to the point my lads get annoyed, when we get a free kick I used to say "I wish Elano was still here" whereupon they both say he only ever scored two for us, the Newcastle one was a screamer though, the other was Boro I believe.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ3eCh7wft8[/video]
the one against boro was shortly after the newcastle one wasnt it? i remember just turning round going ''fucking hell hes done it again'' and not even celebrating properly. great little chipped free kick if i remember correctly

It was the next game

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7UemRZBgvc[/video]

ifiwasarichfan said:
He was a gem of a player and frankly he was too good for City at that time. A good call from the poster who just said the signings of "Elano and Petrov showed City had a bit of ambition". If I had been Blumer I would have kicked the shit out of my agent for not getting me a move to Chelsea or Arsenal or United when he wanted out of the snow.

I have just checked his record on Wiki and he had 50 caps for Brazil and he has won the Copa America and the Confederations Cup. If he had done the sensible thing and gone to the Chavs or Arsenal then he would have got the recognition his talent deserved and just like Bell, Kinkladze, Ali B and Berkovic he would fucking own the Premiership with Yaya and Silva at his side.

A great player and it was a pleasure to watch him.

Well done on possibly the most delusional post I have ever read on bluemoon

And I've read a few..

Brilliant player, albeit flawed, and although he was pre Sheikh Mansour I'll always associate him and the spending spree during the summer we signed him as the start of the upturn in our fortunes.

No summer tops that for me for excitement and expectation, even the year we signed Silva, Toure, Milner and Balo, it was the feast after the famine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.