Elano's Depature

Is that it! 8 million! Gutted he has gone, he changed the side when he was subbed on. and he has gone to a shit club

He is a half decent player and I am sort of sorry to see him go. If we did get 8mil for him thats not bad buisness coz you couldn't see him getting many games in the season ahead, also, next time one of the players feels like a moan to the press they may think twice.

Never forget that goal against Newcastle (sorry Mr Given) one of the best free kicks you will ever see.

Its a shame to see him go as he was a fans favourite, but from the noises MH has been making it would seem that he wanted first team football else where ...

Hughes isn't an idiot.

Jo, TBH and Elano all pissed him off in January by breaking the unwritten rule of slagging him in the press/lacking professionalism. Many got on his back about him not controlling the dressing room.

Jo, TBH and Elano have all been shipped out, and nobody is speaking about the Club negatively in the press.

Hughes isn't an idiot.

im gutted about this. Weve sold imo our most technically gifted player.

People say he hasnt played well since Xmas in season 1 but thats a load bollocks. He was fantastic and one of the main reasons we start that season so well. He was injured over that xmas and it was openly said he had been carrying a knock he picked up playing for Brazil in the October.

When he returned he played most of the games at right back!! This season i though he started very well, he was instrumental in the early season wins, notbaly v west ham and was dropped for no reason. Got back in October and again played well again only to be dropped again so we could play SWP in midfield.... id be pissed off.

People dont realise that for most of 2008 his wife was in hospistal due to a complicated pregnancy and only really returned home after having the child in november.

When he went into the press he didnt criticise Hughes in any way, lots of people jumped on a bandwagon without reading what he said (see Jonathan Ross / Russell Brand). He said he had been dropped and the manager hadnt spoken to him to explain why and his attempts to talk to the manager had gone unanswered - who was the unprofessional one there??

He got in a couple of times after that - remember how he created acres of space v Hull by pulling players to him and giving to Ireland in co who ran rampant in said space and he put a massive shift in v wigan v 10 men... then what... dropped again.

Biggest Irony is that he probably saved Hughes' job with the performance v Hamburg, never forget the look on the two Hamburg fans faces after the home leg when they were asking me whether Elano had been injured for the 1st leg and i said no, we decided to play SWP in midfield instead.

Obviosly though he is good enough for Brazil and not for City...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.