Elano's Depature

Damocles said:
Hughes isn't an idiot.

Jo, TBH and Elano all pissed him off in January by breaking the unwritten rule of slagging him in the press/lacking professionalism. Many got on his back about him not controlling the dressing room.

Jo, TBH and Elano have all been shipped out, and nobody is speaking about the Club negatively in the press.

Hughes isn't an idiot.

Ben Haim has been playing for us pre-season!!

Damocles said:
Hughes isn't an idiot.

Jo, TBH and Elano all pissed him off in January by breaking the unwritten rule of slagging him in the press/lacking professionalism. Many got on his back about him not controlling the dressing room.

Jo, TBH and Elano have all been shipped out, and nobody is speaking about the Club negatively in the press.

Hughes isn't an idiot.

I'd say that's about right.

Hughes reckons Elano did his utmost to create player unrest and get him the sack ...... from that point on the trust went , so did the respect ....... the clash of personalities , or non-personalities in their cases , couldn't be resolved so an £8 million offer took Elano elsewhere!

MCRJON said:
Damocles said:
Hughes isn't an idiot.

Hughes isn't an idiot.

Ben Haim has been playing for us pre-season!!

So has Benjani, but that doesn't mean he's in our plans. TBH will be gone as soon as somebody puts in an offer. Any offer at all will do. A bag of chips even.

But you're right, for some reason I'd made the mistake of thinking that he's a Sunderland player now permanently.

MCRJON said:
im gutted about this. Weve sold imo our most technically gifted player.

People say he hasnt played well since Xmas in season 1 but thats a load bollocks. He was fantastic and one of the main reasons we start that season so well. He was injured over that xmas and it was openly said he had been carrying a knock he picked up playing for Brazil in the October.

When he returned he played most of the games at right back!! This season i though he started very well, he was instrumental in the early season wins, notbaly v west ham and was dropped for no reason. Got back in October and again played well again only to be dropped again so we could play SWP in midfield.... id be pissed off.

People dont realise that for most of 2008 his wife was in hospistal due to a complicated pregnancy and only really returned home after having the child in november.

When he went into the press he didnt criticise Hughes in any way, lots of people jumped on a bandwagon without reading what he said (see Jonathan Ross / Russell Brand). He said he had been dropped and the manager hadnt spoken to him to explain why and his attempts to talk to the manager had gone unanswered - who was the unprofessional one there??

He got in a couple of times after that - remember how he created acres of space v Hull by pulling players to him and giving to Ireland in co who ran rampant in said space and he put a massive shift in v wigan v 10 men... then what... dropped again.

Biggest Irony is that he probably saved Hughes' job with the performance v Hamburg, never forget the look on the two Hamburg fans faces after the home leg when they were asking me whether Elano had been injured for the 1st leg and i said no, we decided to play SWP in midfield instead.

Obviosly though he is good enough for Brazil and not for City...

English Premier League football and International football are a completely different kettle of fish. League football is alot faster, more physical, and you play alot more matches. Elano struggled with the tough away trips, where you have to work harder, have less time on the ball, and are more of a "battle". You don't have these sort of matches on the International stage. David Healy scores bucket loads of goals for NI, yet he can't do it in the Premier League. Brazil play alot of friendlies, you can't compare matches against Italy, Portugal, etc, in a shiny stadium, where it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, to games played on a muddy pitch, on a wet November, against a team fighting for their lives against relegation.

How many games do you think Elano would have played in next season? He wasn't going to start many that's for sure. From his point of view he needed to be playing to ensure he made the Brazil world cup squad.

Football is a team game. The manager is the one that shapes and leads the team. Elano, regardless of his technical skills and undoubted ability to shine when "on song", was not a "team" player. Wether the genesis of that was because he didnt like mark hughes, or because hughes didnt like him or whatever doesnt matter. Fact is that all the apsects of the "team" wether its influence in training, effort on a wet november, attitude to other players, willingness to support the leaderships endeavours combine to total your "worth" to the team - and the combination of all of these seems to have resulted in a "no thanks" from Hughes and the managment team. I trust their judgement. I'm glad he is gone. I only want players at City that will work hard regardless of any arguments they have with managment. The grownups overcome these situations through dialogue, professionalism and knowing the limit of their brief - the children take the bus.

MCRJON said:

People say he hasnt played well since Xmas in season 1 but thats a load bollocks. He was fantastic and one of the main reasons we start that season so well. He was injured over that xmas and it was openly said he had been carrying a knock he picked up playing for Brazil in the October.

When he returned he played most of the games at right back!! This season i though he started very well, he was instrumental in the early season wins, notbaly v west ham and was dropped for no reason. Got back in October and again played well again only to be dropped again so we could play SWP in midfield.... id be pissed off.

People dont realise that for most of 2008 his wife was in hospistal due to a complicated pregnancy and only really returned home after having the child in november.

When he went into the press he didnt criticise Hughes in any way, lots of people jumped on a bandwagon without reading what he said (see Jonathan Ross / Russell Brand). He said he had been dropped and the manager hadnt spoken to him to explain why and his attempts to talk to the manager had gone unanswered - who was the unprofessional one there??

He got in a couple of times after that - remember how he created acres of space v Hull by pulling players to him and giving to Ireland in co who ran rampant in said space and he put a massive shift in v wigan v 10 men... then what... dropped again.

Biggest Irony is that he probably saved Hughes' job with the performance v Hamburg, never forget the look on the two Hamburg fans faces after the home leg when they were asking me whether Elano had been injured for the 1st leg and i said no, we decided to play SWP in midfield instead.

Great post mate, agree 100%. Sadly I don't think we will replace him as I think Hughes is looking to change the style of the team, the football won't be as pretty next season.

Elano...the most technically gifted player we have.....no chance mate, Robinho, ireland id rate higher

he was good, but had the wrong attitude. theres been a few occasions, mainly in his first season, (but one occasion in the season just gone) when his body language showed he didnt want to be on the pitch. ive said to a mate during some games that he dosnt look like he wants to be on the pitch, really lazy, not interested, getting angry over nothin, looking for an excuse to go off really, each time i say it 5 mins later he goes down holding something and ASKS to be subbed. Last season i remember Robinho didnt start, and elano looked like he couldnt be arsed playing, I said to a mate i wouldnt be surprised if he gets himself subbed soon, couple mins later he takes a slight knock to the side of the head, decideds to hold his eye which clearly didnt get touched, and asked to be subbed in the first half. ah fuck him, cheers for the 1/2 season but too much trouble for someone who just dosnt want the hassle of the prem imo

he only puts the effort in on a regular basis for Brazil, which is great for brazil, but shit for city

Disturbance said:
MCRJON said:

Great post mate, agree 100%. Sadly I don't think we will replace him as I think Hughes is looking to change the style of the team, the football won't be as pretty next season.
I can't remember Elano having a large part in most of last season and we played some pretty good stuff.

He made 42 appearances but he was underused at times <remembers starting with a 3 man midfield of Zab, De Jong, Kompany>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.