Electric cars

I'm still umming and ahhhing about an electric car.
The ex has just taken back the second car we shared (she had the main one which recently had lots of issues she couldn't afford to fix) - she needs it far more than I do (I always train/tram into work if I go to the office).
Downside is I need to walk 3 miles to see the kids....
So, still looking at leasing (petrol - I like the VW T-Roc) later on in the year but with the state of the economy who knows.

I do want (kind of need) one though. I want to explore more of the country, have the odd weekend away, visit friends and family up and down the country.

As someone mentioned on here, might be a good idea to drop a post on Honest John and gather some feedback there.

I can see this garnering some support - there are already applications in vehicles in use, means you don't have to roll out a costly charging infrastructure, won't put pressure on the existing generation capacity and can be delivered at already existing forecourts with some adaptations there

This is the future Hydrogen not Battery cars..

the infrastructure just isn't up to it at the moment AND there are some selfish ignorant buggers too

Should have bought a Tesla….you can charge the car while you chip off for a brew, the app notifies you when you nearly have a full charge. There are usually 8 plus chargers at service stations, although from my experience not many in Wales or Scotland.

edit: also, you get charged an idle fee if you leave your car plugged in past 100%…

Ive played Turnberry a few times, lovely course..and theyve made a really nice renovation of the hotel to a high standard.

That Island he mentions is Ailsa Craig….they make the curling stones there….up the road they make Hendricks gin…..lovely part of the world imo.

Interesting

This guy is completely incorrect and doesn't understand how electric charging works, it must be a bait video surely? You get charged by the amount of charge you put into your car and nothing more, the speed is totally irrelevant.

This is like saying we'll charge you more for water by reducing your flow rate into your house but it's irrelevant. You get charged by the amount of water you use, not by how fast it enters your house.

If anything an electric charger company makes more money by charging up cars quicker. Let's say there's 12 stalls available to charge 12 cars an hour. If you double the speed of those charges and can now do 24 cars an hour then you have doubled your income.

The biggest problem at the moment is the price per kWh is going up everywhere including at home but then again petrol isn't exactly cheap either.

Don't break down or get stuffed up the arse. You then have to wait for a low loader with lift to pick you up. Going Civic type R next year. The last of the fast manuals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.