Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you were watching that today hate to say it but I told you so.

He was great when he came on,fantastic in fact,but I'm sure you have heard of the phrase,one swallow doesn't make a summer,but thanks for the reminder,I'll keep an eye on your future posts and see if anything is said to be looked back at one day eh ?

He had a great game. Superb in fact. But one good game out of 40 doesn’t suddenly make him Bobby Moore you muppet.

Never said he was Bobby Moore, muppet!

Obviously eating a slice of humble pie has given you indigestion.

Stock up on Gaviscon because you are going to be eating quite a few more slices before this season is out.

CTID

Kept it simple, did the basics well and was bright enough it get in position and clear it off the line

Played well

His clearances were very good to keep the hoofball out. The right substitution in the circumstance.

Pep not getting enough credit for this nor is Dinho (and Silva) getting enough credit for the vesatility that first allowed Gundogan to come on for Kompany and then when the game suited for Managala to come on for Jesus

Also think Mangala has looked a whole lot better this season compared with last season. Last CL game the exception to that.

Pep played a blinder and again it was overlooked. Kompany for Gundogan to get more passing in our ranks to create the chances to go 2-1 up then remove Jesus for Mangala to cope with aerial bombardment and get Silva more forward where the ball would stick with him.

Mangala was class. Won everything aerially and had the pace to cope too. Starting to look better as he is getting a run in the side. He was a big reason why we won 3 points yesterday. Credit to him as he could have thrown the towel in long ago.

Don't get carried away, he had a good game BUT! rags played to his strengths all he had to do was head clear or get a toe in, none of our usual playing around the back 4 and keep ball due to rags aerial bombardment. A deserved pat on the back for job well done, nothing more nothing less.

Pep played a blinder and again it was overlooked. Kompany for Gundogan to get more passing in our ranks to create the chances to go 2-1 up then remove Jesus for Mangala to cope with aerial bombardment and get Silva more forward where the ball would stick with him.

Mangala was class. Won everything aerially and had the pace to cope too. Starting to look better as he is getting a run in the side. He was a big reason why we won 3 points yesterday. Credit to him as he could have thrown the towel in long ago.
Great subs indeed and especially the way he was so quick to change after we went up was fun to see. He knew what was coming - well okay, not that it was hard to guess that Mourinho would revert to the good old hoofball. :) But still, the quick sub helped as as they didn't even have the chance to get some momentum. Last year he did something similar with subbing in Fernando who did an equally good job when United's gameplan (or lack of) become clear.

He's not had a great time of it at City and I think he's a better player than he's had chance to show us. Just seems odd that we bought him in the first place if we didn't think he would fit in with how we want to play.

He played well yesterday (and has done in the past too). I doubt there's anything he can do to secure a long term future at City, but I at least hope his performance yesterday will calm down the people who've been completely losing their shit over the idea of him playing the odd game when needed.

4730171B00000578-5164851-image-a-7_1512928239704.jpg

Has to get bonus points from myself for doing a warm up in the Xmas hat too. MangalasXmasHat we had NiallQuinnsDiscopants before it has to happen.
All joking aside i thought he looked strong when he came on a done a good job. I think at Swansea him and Nico will be the pair get that game under his belt if he has to play against Spurs on Saturday evening. He needs a run of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.