Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

George Hannah said:
whicko said:
aguero93:20 said:
Arrgh
Flap Flap Flap.
;)
If you really want to flap read the article on Barca Blaugranes re Zabba & Vince
share it friend
I wouldn't panic it's just a Barca fans forum speculating more about Zabba rather than Vinny because Pablo posted a photo today of Barcalona saying how much he loves the City, but they also mentioned Kompany

Len Rum said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 18m
Goal: City will complete the signing of Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala (23) this week and are hopeful the deal could be done tomorrow.
Do I not believe that.

Goal are about the most reliable around.

cookster said:
Len Rum said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 18m
Goal: City will complete the signing of Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala (23) this week and are hopeful the deal could be done tomorrow.
Do I not believe that.

Goal are about the most reliable around.

Agreed.

The France international had been on holiday since completing a medical in England in the middle of July, but the Premier League champions expect him to put pen to paper this week

By Paul Clennam

Manchester City will finally complete the £31.8 million signing of Porto centre-back Eliaquim Mangala in the coming days, Goal has learned.

The Premier League champions are hopeful Mangala will land in the north west of England to put pen to paper on Monday, with Porto ready to announce the move to the stock exchange.

As revealed by Goal, the France international had been in Manchester on July 12 to complete his medical and finalise the transfer, but no announcements have since been made by either club.

City mistakenly posted a video interview with the 23-year-old at the end of July, in which he confirmed his medical at Bridgewater hospital, before removing the content from their official website.

But with Mangala now back from his post-World Cup holiday, the club are hopeful they can finally make the signature official and complete their final major piece of transfer business this summer.

Earlier in the window Bacary Sagna arrived on a free transfer from Arsenal, goalkeeper Willy Caballero was brought in from Malaga and Porto midfielder Fernando signed for £12m.

Manuel Pellegrini's side had tried to sign both Mangala and Fernando in the January transfer window but Porto stood firm, and in the case of the central defender even blocked his rights holders from sanctioning a deal below the club's asking price.

City's summer spending has been restricted by Uefa's Financial Fair Play penalties, with the club able to avoid a £49m fine if their outlay is restricted to the same amount and wages remain at the same level as the 2013-14 season.

Hopefully soon. He's expensive and we will need him to get familiar with our tactics and his new teammates.

This is one hell of a saga considering we began this pursuit in January.

Blue Haze said:
Hopefully soon. He's expensive and we will need him to get familiar with our tactics and his new teammates.

Let's hope it has been worth the wait.

Blue Haze said:

My only concern is how quickly can he get a partnership with Vinny going because last season Demichelis took well into the New Year to get going, I know he didn't start the season because of injury but the last thing we need in the first month or so is defensive instability.

I think we might see Vinny and Demichelis together for the first couple of months with Mangala being gradually brought in as he gets used to the team.

It is a little bit worrying that 4 key defensive players in Kompany, Zabaleta, Demichelis and Mangala are going into the new season with pretty much no pre-season, it doesn't matter how good they are they all need to have top fitness, especially considering our fixture list in the first few months.

I think we will be OK though, I hope.

Theres no chance of Mangala being eased gradually into the team. He hasn't been signed as a promising CB looking to break into the team he's been signed as our £32M marquee signing for the window. He will have been given assurances when he signed that he will be first choice otherwise he'd have told us where to go. I also think people need to accept that he will make mistakes at first as he still has a lot to learn so I hope people don't jump on his back because of the price tag if he does make a few fuck ups.

All along the info coming out has said he will join up with the squad on the 4th. So I would expect the transfer completed Monday or Tuesday .

Hihosilva said:
All along the info coming out has said he will join up with the squad on the 4th. So I would expect the transfer completed Monday or Tuesday .

Thanks for that revelation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.