Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

markbmcfc said:
For me it's rather obvious why there is currently a silence.

For both clubs, player, agent and media to have absolutely no comment on a protracted transfer like this to me says one thing - legal.

I'll hazard a guess that his third party associations will end on a specific day, and at that point Porto will announce to their Stock Exchange and City will announce at the same time.

People will speculate for the sheer sake of it, but I have complete faith the transfer will be announced at the first possible opportunity once the legal stuff has been sorted.
It's the sheer length of time all this legal stuff is taking to sort out. It can't be the only transfer of it's type to occur, so do they all take this long? At this rate, we might get him on the books NEXT summer.

markbmcfc said:

For both clubs, player, agent and media to have absolutely no comment on a protracted transfer like this to me says one thing - legal.

I'll hazard a guess that his third party associations will end on a specific day, and at that point Porto will announce to their Stock Exchange and City will announce at the same time.

People will speculate for the sheer sake of it, but I have complete faith the transfer will be announced at the first possible opportunity once the legal stuff has been sorted.

Totally agree with you there. The club has signed Mangala subject to issues with Porto and 3rd party. They've had him fly over, complete the medical and the paperwork and do the intro video. If anything had caused this deal to collapse then we would know - bad news travels fast and the media would be all over "Mangala snubs City" so I'm not concerned. There will be a date in place and an agreement between Porto and the third party as to when to announce this. If it has to go to the stock market then there will be higher powers deciding when is best to announce it so that it doesn't negatively impact Porto. It won't be far away and with a World Cup we were never going to get a full preseason with him anyway. He can slowly integrate with Kompany/Demichelis - we will have enough games he can play in!

markbmcfc said:

Correct

aguerooooo said:
I know I am going to piss a few off but does anybody feel like me that after 8 months of trying to sign this kid and waiting daily for an announcement that as fans we are entitled to know what is holding up this transfer as fans we all have a vested interest , I just feel that we are being treated without thought being kept in the dark about OUR team I am not saying we have to know the minute details , just what the fuck is going on with the club ive supported for 46 years here"s hoping that we don't get to 600 pages

It's a bit of a joke that he isn't here at this stage when he played zero minutes at the World Cup, and you consider that the Argentinian lads who were there til the last minute, are already back with the squad. I hope to God we don't regret pursuing this player, as it looks like Benatia is now off the market.

I thought August 4th was THE DAY, but it seems it will drag on and on.

Lets hope we can finilse it soon, so he can get some minutes against Arsenal to be ready when the league start.

Right, lets play a game.
Put your name next to the date 'The Quim' signs.
Winner gets an ITK badge.

6th -
7th -
8th -
9th - GX Blue
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th -
26th -
27th -
28th -
29th -
30th -
31st -
January -
Next Summer -
Never -

GX Blue said:
Right, lets play a game.

6th -
7th - Jaxite
8th -
9th - GX Blue
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th -
26th -
27th -
28th -
29th -
30th -
31st -
January -
Next Summer -
Never -

Jaxite said:
GX Blue said:
Right, lets play a game.

6th -
7th - Jaxite
8th -
9th - GX Blue
10th -
11th - Chris85mcfc
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th -
26th -
27th -
28th -
29th -
30th -
31st -
January -
Next Summer -
Never -

Jaxite said:
GX Blue said:
Right, lets play a game.

6th -
7th - Jaxite
8th - philbo
9th - GX Blue
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th -
26th -
27th -
28th -
29th -
30th -
31st -
January -
Next Summer -
Never -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.