Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter

As pointed out in the thread I linked earlier, he's gotten scared and is now deliberately trying to get the deal killed off without withdrawing his bid.

I think it's less to do with the car and more the data from self driving potential. They are so far ahead of everyone else their driving algo's will most likely become the standard.
Yes they're in a good position but to say they're that far ahead of everyone else is a bit of a stretch. Everyone is investing billions in this and as well as the traditional car companies, tech giants like Google, Apple and Microsoft are also heavily invested in developing algorithms and/or infrastructure to support it.

Yes they're in a good position but to say they're that far ahead of everyone else is a bit of a stretch. Everyone is investing billions in this and as well as the traditional car companies, tech giants like Google, Apple and Microsoft are also heavily invested in developing algorithms and/or infrastructure to support it.
The reason they are valued so highly is that they are not just a car maker. Its like saying Apple just make phones. Tesla have Solar,Energy plants,Insurance,AI, Robotics, Robotaxis all of which could potentially be bigger than the car business.

I don't think it is a stretch at all. In the United States Tesla has 54% of all EV's on the road. Every other carmaker shares the remaining 46%. Only Chevy gets close to 10%. That's an enormous head start, especially when "the more the maker is driven the better the data for autonomous control gets". That's why their market cap has enormous value over other brands. Not to mention everything @Gaz in Zurich mentioned above.

I don't think it is a stretch at all. In the United States Tesla has 54% of all EV's on the road. Every other carmaker shares the remaining 46%. Only Chevy gets close to 10%. That's an enormous head start, especially when "the more the maker is driven the better the data for autonomous control gets". That's why their market cap has enormous value over other brands. Not to mention everything @Gaz in Zurich mentioned above.
EV sales are only at 5% of total car sales in the US which gives Tesla a market share of 2.5% of the overall car market. As EV sales ramp up I don’t believe there’s any reason to expect they’ll maintain that 46% of the current relatively small market.

EV sales are only at 5% of total car sales in the US which gives Tesla a market share of 2.5% of the overall car market. As EV sales ramp up I don’t believe there’s any reason to expect they’ll maintain that 46% of the current relatively small market.
EV predicted to be 20% within 3 years, suppose the share price is more geared to the future than present sales.

This **** is getting weirder by the day. Starting to fall into the rabbit hole

He really doesn’t want to pay a billionaire tax does he.

Naysayers can say what they like but it's just sour grapes in my view (and many others) he's an amazing innovator and visionary. Elon Musk is a brilliant individual, eccentric but brilliant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.